Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki 750 Brute Force OR Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, 9/29/09!! What did you buy?? LOL

Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job on the Vids Specta! Just a couple of notes to add, Kawi has yet to come out with EPS on any BF and yes I will say the Grizz has a slight more tippy feeling than the the Kawi but what it lacks in sturdiness it makes up for in ride! (The tipsiness of the Grizz is as easy of a fix as wheel spacer or new tires if it bothers anyone that much) I will take a Grizz on a long days ride any day over the Kawi! My biggest issue with the BF is that 3 BF's in my group of riding buddies and not 1 of them that has not been in the shop for something major. (Minly tranny work) Yes they do get ridden and ridden hard but these are the same trails that my Grizz goes over and knock on wood has yet to be in the shop for anything!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a bunch of Girly Men, gotta have a smooooooth ride. I can't believe that's the #1 thing sooo many people put at the top of their list.

The day I rode the Brute Force we went up a steep rocky trail. The rocks were loose and were bigger than a softball. The trail climbed up steeply and near the top it made a steep right hand turn. The entire time that I was climbing that loose, steep off camber trail I was wishing I was on my Rubicon, yep my poor old antiquated Rubicon.

Those nice cushy soft rides are great for traveling but I don't care for them at all when the going gets bad. 12" of ground clearance, IRS and a soft ride were made for graded gravel roads. A high center of gravity and a soft suspension just doesn’t cut it.

But then that's JMO and the kind of trails I ride.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

IMO Stability is only needed for going fast! (Hence Raptor) Otherwise I will take wheel travel any day when the going gets rough and 4wheel drive is needed! I am not that old (YET) and am pretty mobile thus I can move around pretty good on my quad thus giveing me all the stability I need on my IRS machine. We all have our opinion on quads and I will say this when it comes to actually needing a good 4x4 machine I will never go back to a SRW machine EVER.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I said it once I will say it AGAIN Kawasaki prairies and brute force atvs are TERRIBLE!!! and by terrible I mean everything cept maybe the brakes.. yes the brakes were really good =)

I went through a front diff,belts up the ***, tranny blew up... yes blew up.. it leaked oil.. OMG I almost stoped riding atvs because of those LEMONS thought I was gonna have to ride a 300 fourtrax forever..

then i bought a suzuki and things were much better...

then a HONDA now i feel content..

Old 09-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
I said it once I will say it AGAIN Kawasaki prairies and brute force atvs are TERRIBLE!!! and by terrible I mean everything cept maybe the brakes.. yes the brakes were really good =)

I went through a front diff,belts up the ***, tranny blew up... yes blew up.. it leaked oil.. OMG I almost stoped riding atvs because of those LEMONS thought I was gonna have to ride a 300 fourtrax forever..

then i bought a suzuki and things were much better...

then a HONDA now i feel content..

Funny because my little 2001 Prairie 300 has been as reliable as any Honda over the 9 years its been around. Has the original battery (Even I am shocked by that). Even got it's original rubber band, and it hasn't gotten smoked or fallen off yet. (Hard for a Honda guy to understand probably) Of course, othe than being jumped by my wife and oldest daughter, it hasn't been asked to do things it can't, like deep mud or heavy pulling.... but other than a carb rebuild this spring and a new plug and wire, that little quad has been absolutely great.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
Funny because my little 2001 Prairie 300 has been as reliable as any Honda over the 9 years its been around. Has the original battery (Even I am shocked by that). Even got it's original rubber band, and it hasn't gotten smoked or fallen off yet. (Hard for a Honda guy to understand probably) Of course, othe than being jumped by my wife and oldest daughter, it hasn't been asked to do things it can't, like deep mud or heavy pulling.... but other than a carb rebuild this spring and a new plug and wire, that little quad has been absolutely great.

Sorry I didnt specify the Kawasaki Vtwins 650 + those setups are a ticking time bomb.. I'm sure that the 300 is all set i see alot of those that are pretty old and are still ticking.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by unit6666
Sorry I didnt specify the Kawasaki Vtwins 650 + those setups are a ticking time bomb..
And on that I totally agree with you.. The SRA 650 and older 700 do seem more reliable than the IRS versions, though, for whatever reason. (the air intakes are different one the two, that could be part of it)

Old 11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im looking at buy a knew quad my engine on my 03 650 prairie went and im trying to choose between a 2005 brute force 750 or a 2008 grizzly 700 ? what do u guys recommend?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If a Kawasaki 2003 motor already blew up on you why would you want to give them another try?

Quick Reply: Kawasaki 750 Brute Force OR Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS