Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Confirms Brute Force Rumors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
ATV Reporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Confirms Brute Force Rumors

ATV Connection sheds light on the new 2012 Brute Force 750!

Originally Posted by ATV Connection
Rumors have been circulating of some big changes for the 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force ATV line and thanks to a highly anticipated official release from Kawasaki themselves; it appears consumers have cause to celebrate. The Brute Force 750 4x4i ATV received a comprehensive round of upgrades for the 2012 model year, with significant new features like a more-powerful V-twin engine, new double-wishbone front suspension, six-spoke cast alloy wheels, new bodywork featuring wide-stance styling cues. Like always, dual-range four-wheel drive and a highly maneuverable chassis provide amazing traction, handling and utility.

Thanks to revised tuning, a new cylinder head and increased compression ratio, the 2012 Brute Force 750 4x4i’s upgraded four-stroke fuel injected 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine offers more power than ever, with enhanced low-rpm performance. The twin cylinders are fed via 36mm throttle bodies that are controlled by a 32-bit CPU. The system monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, air intake pressure, throttle position, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to deliver the optimum fuel mixture. Instantaneous fuel delivery and crisp engine response help make the eight-valve engine a hit with sport riders. Despite the big power from the engine, a light feel at the throttle lever helps reduce rider fatigue. This is achieved by using a low spring rate for the throttle return springs and ball bearings in the throttle bodies.
To read more about the specific changes, be sure to click here!

What are you thoughts on the updates to the Brute Force? Impressed? Not so much?

Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Did they fix the awful airbox setup??

Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think I am going to buy one today.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks nice. Did I miss something or are they still not offering power steering? I'd consider one if they built a two up machine.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, the power steering is there, which was the main reason I moved up from my 2010. There are MANY other changes and improvements to the machine and I am looking forward to the new one. I pick it up tomorrow and will report on how it differs from the 10 model..

Old 03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like the styling of the older Brute Force.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Have about 12 miles on the new Brute so far and a few thoughts. The power steering seems to be just what I was looking for. Seems to be very little kick back on most logs and rocks and steering effort at low speeds is nil. Can't comment on power as I haven't opened it up yet, but seems very strong down low. All of my winch hardware, front and rear bolted right up, so the changes they made to the frame must be in gussets and maybe some mounts here and there. They moved the coolant reservoir right by the right front wheel,,,, what the heck was that about ? Looks very vulnerable and will probably make a guard for it in short order. The racks are much beefier, but and ugly silver,,,, promptly painted them black. The body work is completely changed,,, seems thinner,but hopefully will be stronger and resist scratching. Like the new dashboard setup with a few more bells and whistles. This machine goes into gear a lot harsher than my "10" did, but that may quiet down after use. My wheels from my old machine bolted right on but I will need to get those little black covers for the ends of the axles, as the new wheels had hubcaps right on the wheels. All in all it seems like a great machine so far. Will keep you informed as I get more Miles on it,,,, I hope to get out with the boys this weekend for a 50 or 60 mile run.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Butlerboy
Can't comment on power as I haven't opened it up yet, but seems very strong down low.
New higher compression pistons/rings, 9.3:1 (new) vs 8.8:1 (old). It's got way fatter powerband than before.

They moved the coolant reservoir right by the right front wheel,,,, what the heck was that about ?
So that hot coolant doesn't splash and burn your left leg if/when the reservoir cap opens up by itself.

This machine goes into gear a lot harsher than my "10" did, but that may quiet down after use.
It may not quiet down. Too high idle rpm would cause that problem. Turn down the idle rpm by adjusting the throttle linkage a bit.

I think this new 750 Brute Force is the best ATV that Kawi has ever made:
Here is how I am taming mine.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM
ATV Reporter

Nice pic Hayashi!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bring back the 4 head lights- looked much better!

do they still have that annoying variable diff lock lever? still have that poorly engineered cvt trip switch hanging under the cvt cover? are they finally using soft seats like the other makers, or still hard as a rock?

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Confirms Brute Force Rumors