Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

new atv

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Is that one of the filters where you clean it and then re-oil when it's dried off? Doesn't look that bad at first glance.

It is washable. I bought a new one and sprayed that sticky stuff on it.

The old one was pretty bad. The good thing is I'm sure it wasn't allowing and dirt to get past it. LOL

Old 04-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I guess it was pretty dirty. Not sure I'm sold on the "oil the filter" type. Lot's more work than replacing a paper filter with a foam liner over it. We'll see.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best blue atv

Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I guess it was pretty dirty. Not sure I'm sold on the "oil the filter" type. Lot's more work than replacing a paper filter with a foam liner over it. We'll see.
I don't care for the oil type filter either but I guess they work pretty good.

My Honda had one and looking down the throat of the carb it never got dirty so I guess they're better in the long run.

I just bought a new element and sprayed it with PJ1.

I doubt that I will clean the old one and just buy another new one.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by brain21
best blue atv

can't see the pic

Old 05-13-2015, 04:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Specta, that picture was a crack up. You're ridding someplace with some fine red dirt alright. The foam is supposed to be the best of both worlds (flow & filtration). I noticed a real difference between the stock and the UNI I put in my Brute. The stock had smaller pores, and used an oil that looked like Bel Ray. Holy Moly, that combo hardly let air through, much less dirt. Hopefully the UNI is stopping the dirt, I know my gas mileage improved when I switched.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Specta

It is washable. I bought a new one and sprayed that sticky stuff on it.

The old one was pretty bad. The good thing is I'm sure it wasn't allowing and dirt to get past it. LOL
Holy cow Kenny! That is one dirty filter. I think I know why your engine was cutting on hard stops! Forget about the Kawie service interval on the air filter changes, just change it or clean it whenever it gets 1/2 that bad. I do mine whenever it gets 1/4 that bad! I don't like to see even a frosting on my blue foam (twin air color in my case), so I check it before every ride--especially if I've been riding in a group. I have two filters I keep clean and in rotation so I can throw one in if I have to in a hurry.
Also, don't forget to use air cleaner paste or putty on the top and bottom edges of the filter before you put it back in. That stuff is fantastic.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kick start
Holy cow Kenny! That is one dirty filter. I think I know why your engine was cutting on hard stops! Forget about the Kawie service interval on the air filter changes, just change it or clean it whenever it gets 1/2 that bad. I do mine whenever it gets 1/4 that bad! I don't like to see even a frosting on my blue foam (twin air color in my case), so I check it before every ride--especially if I've been riding in a group. I have two filters I keep clean and in rotation so I can throw one in if I have to in a hurry.
Also, don't forget to use air cleaner paste or putty on the top and bottom edges of the filter before you put it back in. That stuff is fantastic.
It got dirty fast. LOL

I lead 99% of the time so I never checked it.

I bought a new one and PJ1. (I think that's what it is)

I'll get better.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Specta
My Honda finally died with over 17,000 miles and 2000 hours.
Working with my good friend Doug Meyer of ATV/TV I have ridden tons of new ATVs and this one was my favorite out of all of them.

Very nice!!! wish i had that for myself bet that cost quite a few of buffalo wild wing dinners lol but 17000 miles dang thats real good!!

Old 06-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Just a quick update. 2018 miles and 178 hrs of trouble free fun.

What an awesome ATV.