Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need help 07 brute 650

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help 07 brute 650

So I've read and researched and read some more and cannot make a decision... I recently purchased a 2007 brute force 650 carbed factory jets but hmf pipe and radiator relocate kit as well as snorkeled. When I went to buy the bike i rode this **** out of it for thirty mins no over heating and no smoke none at all loaded it up took it home and rode it pretty hard for a while in water no smoking was really hard to start from a cold start had to choke it and it still struggled No biggy so I loaded it up trailered it about two hours rode for ten mins and it just shut off the over heating light was not on when i turned it over it puffed white smoke from the muffler so I towed it back to the truck and the next morning for ***** and giggles I started it and it fires rite up so I ride it pretty hard again and no issues I pull up to the barn shut it down and I pull the hoses of the rad to see what the coolant looked like and to see the condition of them I refilled the radiator with antifreeze not water when it started it was smoking badly so I jumped on pissed an rode up my rode and back about a mile round trip parked and it stop smoking but as soon as I stopped the temp light was flashing I've been told so many different things idk what to do I started by taking carbs off cleaned and ordered jet kit I turned the bike over with the carbs off and I got a little puff of smokevout of the rear cylinder then it stopped iv spent so much money on this bike the people I got it from also replaced the fuel pump with a O'Riley's fuel pump iv completely rebuilt the bike suspension wise from bearings and seals shocks CV axles rear bearings and seals and shock all new pads and calapers new rad hoses new plastics and racks and dynateck module on the way carb rebuild and after market jets I'm really not looking forward to a blown head gasket at all any ideas thoughts advice I'm very mechanically inclined and have been around enough to no a lot of things but some say these carbeb bike are a night mare and thats my problem some say running to lean or choke stuck on or some say blown head gasket or when I do wheelies that my air filter could taking on oil but why the over heating why smoke so heavily after I add antifreeze and smoke so badly

Old 01-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

So I rebuilt carbs and thanks to no ones response I ordered a jet kit running 40 in front and 44 in rear runs great just fired over and reved a few times haven't ridden under load but it's smooth and no backfire I left stock needles and springs in do to the kits springs are to big and the needles are different I haven't out the rad back on y ET but will see how it runs under a load and for long distance