Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 or Outlander 800R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi call911: I posted yesterday but the wind must have blew it off the bulletin board. I'll try again:

Congratulations on the successful outcome of your risky purchase. I'm so glad the Can Am checked out a "solid citizen" needing a new drive shaft and some other minor work. It has found a good home and I bet it will be even better a year from now than it is today.

Enjoy riding it, and as always, ride with safety in mine. These beasts can bite!

David

Attached Thumbnails Brute Force 750 or Outlander 800R?-1702-street-ride-2-small-.jpg  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank David! The quad needs some TLC but overall is in good shape. This is pretty much my dream quad so I will for sure be giving it some much needed love and attention it needs. There's a few things I have considered doing. First, it has rear Fox shocks. They are top notch and really expensive but I have never been a fan of gas shocks and for the price of them even used I think I might be able to sell them and get some Elka shocks all way round for not too much more.

Also, it has a cheaper radiator relocation setup on it. Although it works, there are other brands that both look better and are much better units for protection and air flow that I may upgrade for. It has a Luney Tuned slip on but it is obnoxiously loud and I may swap it for an Empire unit when they come out. Other than that, just cleaning it up and getting her back into nice shape is my goal.

I can't wait to go riding! Unfortunately it's really still about a month before it gets really nice enough weather wise to enjoy riding but that also gives me time to get the quad where I want it.

Thank you for you input and support!

Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear you on the warmer weather. It was pretty mild here for a couple weeks until winter decided to make an uninvited return over the weekend. It should be back in the mid 50's F by next weekend though, not bad conditions for riding. 27 F this morning is not my idea of good riding weather, highs in the low 40's. I'm not into cold weather riding. I like it at least 50 F, that's acceptable. About 65-70F is what I would consider almost ideal temps for riding.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with ya. 50 F is about the coldest I enjoy riding in. I much prefer riding in the summer.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can deal with hot weather better than cold for sure. When its really cold, it just seems like there's no way to make yourself comfortable. When its really hot, you can find some shade and have a cold drink and get some relief. That's when its nice to ride in the woods.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Been out when it's 18 degrees with a 45 mph wind. Not as pleasant as riding when it's 50-60. Made the mistake of taking my full helmet off to load at the end of the day. Immediately shivered. I'm well insulated at 335 but I still felt that.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

I can't take the heat. 12/2/15 - 10 AM - 19°. Yep it was cold.
If I had chosen to stay home because it was cold I would have missed out on what Doug and I refer to as an "epic" ride.

By noon we were taking off layers. It was a beautiful day.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Back Country Explorer

Call911: Sounds like the previous owner added some modifications just to add some modifications. My Outlander has Fox air shocks on the rear. It is a 2 up model and the air shocks allow for "leveling" the machine when my wife jumps on the back. I'm not sure she appreciated that comment!

The air shock system does have an on board compressor that I can use to air up tires if I need to. Fox shocks have a pretty good name.

Radiator relocates (aka XMR) are done only if a guy is going to swamp his machine in the mud up to the seat. The relocated radiator may not offer as much cooling and may dump a lot of heat on the rider. Can Ams tend to run hot anyway. I did the exhaust wrap and heat shielding on mine trying to keep the heat in the exhaust "chase" to the back of the machine and not on my left leg.

I'm retired now and gave up on loud exhaust notes. I loved it in the muscle car, motorcycle, and sports car days, but not so much anymore. I'm a street legal advocate and even think my stock muffler is too loud. I don't want to wake the neighbors as I ride by. I'm old enough now to think really loud motorcycles are an annoyance. How bad is that?

Enjoy getting your new machine ready for the riding season.

David

Old 03-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta

I can't take the heat. 12/2/15 - 10 AM - 19°. Yep it was cold.
If I had chosen to stay home because it was cold I would have missed out on what Doug and I refer to as an "epic" ride.

By noon we were taking off layers. It was a beautiful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ixOIp-P80&t=34s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-CNnj6bTE&t=911s
I watched those videos, it did look like fun. Those Brute Force 750's were really working hard to get through that snow. I thought several times the snow was going to stop you but they managed to keep forging ahead.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by greg74
I watched those videos, it did look like fun. Those Brute Force 750's were really working hard to get through that snow. I thought several times the snow was going to stop you but they managed to keep forging ahead.
We never thought we would make it as far as we did.

I do enjoy my BF.

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750 or Outlander 800R?