Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Bayou 220 issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bayou 220 issues

C

Bayou 220 problems

Jump to LatestUnfollow
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
C

Chrisblue481

Registered

Joined 35 mins ago
·
1 Posts Discussion Starter • #1 19 mins ago
•••Got a 99 or 2000 bayou 220. Its started making alot of noise, then the starter would spin freely. Took it apart and determined the three bolts in the starter clutch had sheared. Installed the new starter clutch and in the process, not realizing that Japanese motors turn counterclockwise, I turned the crankshaft clockwise about a half revolution so that the key holes would be on top of the crankshaft for easier installation of starter clutch. I get everything back together and try it. The pressure is so great that its very hard to pull with the pull start, the electric starter turns it over but it struggles greatly. A key issue could be this. When I engage the choke the starter will barely turn it over and you can't pull start at all because there's so much pressure. Like the back pressure cant be released once the carburetor is choked. I'm pretty sure by turning the crankshaft clockwise I screwed something up but I cannot figure out what it is. If there's anyone that can give some advice it will be greatly appreciated.