Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I need help putting a Parts list together to freshen up the top end, I have a bunch o

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help putting a Parts list together to freshen up the top end, I have a bunch o

Hi, my sons KFX400 2005 which we just got has metal shavings on the filter and I can see it in the oil, I have done 2 oil changes now and I also get pieces on the Oil drain bolt. It appears I am getting steel and aluminum. The quad runs very well and is super clean, No abnormal noises or anything. I am going to starting taking things apart untill I can find the source of the metal ( Oil tank was stripped at some point but I wuld think any metal from when they retapped would be gone by now. He trail rides it ,Quad has intake, no air lid,Full Pro Circuit exhaust and a Dyna tech CDI.

So Depending how far I get,
Hot Cams Stage 1 or 2?
Valves Wiesco, Kibblewhite or stock?
Valve springs DRZ ( What year or model ), Wiesco ,Kibble white?
DRZ Base gasket? What year? What model?
Timing chain D.I.D or wiesco? Do you guys have a part number?
Piston and rings OEM or Aftermarket?
Big bore would be if I had damage to cylinder and what not other wise I will leave it stock bore. If I do Big bore do I have to do cams? I am not planning on doing all of the above unless I get to that part of the tear down with out finding the issue.

IE If I take head off Ill do valve,springs and Timing Chain. If I take cylinder off Ill do piston and rings and so on.

Any links and part numbers would be great. Thank you so much.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Cams Stage 1 or 2? Did a google search but was not coming up with what I was looking for. Mostly trail ridingDo i loose top end with Stage 1 ? Do i loose bottom end with stage 2?