Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 need help with it

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 need help with it

I have a kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 with high and low in low I can drive it any where but I bogs down alot but when I put it in high and in 1 it moves a foot and dies it also won't run unless choke is all the way on and I rebuilt the carb 3 time and the 3 time I had a shop do it

Old 04-13-2021, 02:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 342 Likes on 333 Posts

Change the plug first. I have found a few bikes that came in with "carb problems" have, in fact, needed a new plug. It is possible with all those rebuilds someone fitted something in wrong and you have put the part back in the same way subsequently. Chinese "knock off" carbs are so ridiculously cheap that fitting one is the obvious way to go. Be careful how you fit breathers etc on the new carb. We had a KLF 300 brought to us by the local official Kawasaki ATV dealers. Their mechanics couldn't get the bike to run right despite a new carb. Took the carb off and found the overflow pipe was connected to the breather pipe, I assume the carb suppliers do it to stop dirt getting in. Once the pipes were pulled apart, the carb worked properly.