Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Carb Jet Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am putting in new High lift cams from web cam with new spring's and
a new Piston from Wiseco and I am wondering if I should change the jets on my carb or could I get a bigger carb. What would be the best setup up. thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

White Bros makes a bigger carb. If the piston is high compression you won't have to rejet, but if you bored then you will.

Old 06-08-2001, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Going up two sizes on the main jet should be about right for that setup with the stock carb. Although I would check the plug after awhile, I have had to go down to just one size up to get it right.

I have two mojaves. Both have wiesco's, supertrapps, and k&n pod filters, high rev springs, and rev limit removal. One has the largest Web cam and a keihin 38mm PE carb. The carb helps a little on the top, but actually hurts performance on the bottom. The combination of the big cam, large porting job and big carb all move the power band way up and kinda kill the bottom end. This is ok if you are MXing but not so good if you are woods or trail riding or even racing XC. I am about ready to put my stock carb back on to make it easier to ride in the woods. The one with the stock cam and rejetted stock carb is easier to start and crisper and power is better except at the higher rpm range.

The edlebrock quicksilver pumper carb for the 300ex will be available around the end of the summer. It should work very well on the mojave and will have good bottom responce due to the accell pump. I would wait on it if you want a better carb but it will cost you. About 380 bucks compared to 170 for the 38 PE. With either carb you will need a thumb throttle from a honda to make it work right and give WOT unless you choose to use a twist. There are several other mods that must be done to use the 38PE. If you decide to use it let me know and I will save you some time and trouble on the installation. It will work pretty good if you are primarily MX racing.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if I want a bigger carb. I would be Racing Mx but I dont really want to kill my bottom end. Does it make up for Midrange and top end? How much does it kill the bottom end? With the stock carb would I only need to go up two sizes? I already have a dynojet kit from the exhaust I put on earlier. We changed the needle and jet's. What sizes would you guys recommend for the carb? Thanks