Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can anyone help out here? IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received this unsolicited e-mail today and I thought that I would pass it on. I used to own a 300 Bayou and that may be why I got this. Let him know your thoughts:

Hi,
I am doing research on the Kawasaki KLF 220 and would like your input. I am particularly interested in low speed, front to rear rollover accidents. There are allegations that the Kawasaki Bayou (all sizes) is inherently unstable and will flip front to rear when climbing even small slopes. What do you think? Is this true?
Do you know anyone who has been seriously hurt or killed in a front to back rollover on a Kawasaki Bayou ?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I need to talk to actual victims of these accidents if they exist.
Joshua M. Robinson
scriborex@hotmail.com
University of Kentucky College of Law
Chief Justice, Student Government Supreme Court

Old 09-19-2001, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like an eager law student looking to put together a class action lawsuit. Greedy lawyers!

Old 09-19-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with Treeguy-sounds like a hyperactive law student looking for brownie points, while filing claim against the atv industry-thus improving his connections with the anti-atv guys, such as the environmentalists- and we all know environmental lawyers pay EXTREMELY well-could be a possible promotion or job opportunity for this young aspiring college student.

As a recent college grad myself, this makes me SICK. I've heard many great things about the Bayou, never anything about front to back rollover, sounds like a reach to me, but I could be wrong on that one-lord knows it's happened before, and will happen again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sure hope it isn't true, Best of Luck,

Mike

Old 09-19-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

The reason I posted it was because i once had a 300 Bayou. I wrote the guy with my answer that I had never experienced what he was discribing and had never heard of anyone else. I just thought that others may be able to add to that and possibly disuade someone from filing such a suit.

Old 09-19-2001, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

yes, I got the exact same email. I thought the exact same thing, infact I was about to make a topic for that this is what I wrote in my email
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
no, I have never had any type of problem with the KLF 220 bayou being unstable in any way. It has never had a problem with wanting to flip on me, nor has it ever wanted to roll end on end when going up a hill. I believe the only reason that people have been hurt on ANY type of quad is that they are not experienced, and do not know proper riding techniques.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
and there it is.

Old 09-19-2001, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Bayou 220s will go anywhere that e-mail is bull.

Old 09-20-2001, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

That is indeed quite interesting. I have always thought the Bayous to have fairly good stability. Having had a couple for the past 7 years, I should send him my views as well. I wonder what he's up to?

Old 09-21-2001, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

I've had the trouble with mine that he's talking about...but of course I had about 300lbs on the back rack...had a passenger...and the hill was straight up. It just HAD to be a flaw with the bayou that made it flip.