Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

More help with the 330 kit Mojave!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 09:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I just wanted to get more info on the 330 kit for my mojave. I have heard it is best to run the 330 with all of FST parts. I have a whitebros pipe on my Mojave and I don't want to get rid of it. Will it still be alright? Also about the rev limiter does it get removed and is this good. Because what happens if it over revs that will hurt my engine. Also with all of the parts and the kit how much do you think it will cost me. If there is anyone in California that has this kit, could you tell me how much it is going to cost to ship my engine to Mickey at FST. If there is anything else you could tell me please let me know. I'm trying to find out as much as possiable. And let me know how much more power this kit puts into the mojave, like HP or anything. I hear its great we Mojave fans should try to get Dirtwheels to do a test on the 330 Mojave that would be nice. They do it for all of these other quads why not the older well apercisted Mojave I think it deserves it.

Well hope you can help,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2001, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

The 330 kit is a large sleeve and a piston with some gaskets. You do not need any other FST parts unless you desire them. You do not have to have your rev limiter removed and I would only suggest doing that if you install stiffer valve springs. Power will improve dramatically just from the 330 kit. Obviously if you had a cam, the best free flowing exhaust, high rev springs, ported head , bigger carb and etc. you'd get even more power.

If you just ride hard recreationally than the 330 kit used with your WB exhaust will do just fine. The one part I would put in for sure with the kit is some heavy duty clutch springs. You can get some from FST for about 25 bucks.

The 330 kit for the mojave is a little more expensive than some kits because the bore is increased so much that the coolant passage has to be opened up to make room for coolant. The large cylinder fills some of the old passage. The large sleeve will not fit into the stock bore of the case so the case has to be bored out as well. This is why Mickey needs you engine or at least your cylinder and two case halves.

I cant help you with shipping cost because i have no idea.

Old 09-28-2001, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the info on the kit, now I know what I can expect. If anyone else has more to say please do.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2001, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds cool to me, i say go for it! Good Luck with your descision dude!
I'd say ittl make the mojave rip!

Old 09-29-2001, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

I have discussed much of this with Mickey, and here is what I have to say:

The Kit costs $325 for the sleeve, piston, rings and gaskets. Then the heavy duty valve springs are $20. For mickey to do the Re-sleeving, it costs $175 and to do the case boring, he wants $50. The heavy duty valve springs are $90, and the rev-limiter removal is $85. Thats all the prices that I know are included in the whole project. That is $745 total. But, Mickey suggest running the Supertrapp IDS2 exhaust. I don't think that will be a problem though. Also, you must take apart the engine and send him the cylinder and both cases. For him to take it apart, it will cost more. I am pretty sure the Mojave produces about 15 H.P. stock. With all the above, he said expect ABOUT 35 H.P. That is a great increase in power, however, with all this work, it will not do much unless you change your gearing. Mickey suggests running 13/36 gearing. Also, for the shipping, get a rate from UPS, and call Mickey on how he wants you to package it. Then the Mojave will come alive. Hope this helps.

Old 09-30-2001, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

Kawi250:

Thanks for all the info, it helped me a lot more. Now I understand it more, all thats left is to call Mickey now.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2001, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

One more thing what about the kick starter on the Mojave. I have heard a few things about it, being very hard to kick because of the compression on the Mojave after the kit is done. Is there anything that Mickey will do or that I can do that will make it easy to start.

Old 09-30-2001, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

It will not be hard to kick, because the Mojave has an automatic compression release. Hope all this helped.