Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Pipe For Mojave!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 09:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

I have a 2000 Mojave with spider trac tires and need a pipe for it i was thinking about the supertrapp Ids2, or the FmF MegaMax2. I dont know iam confused if anyone can please help! Iam not to good with working with quads so i cant rejet or stuff like that so help me. i also want a air filter and want to know if i should go K&N or UNI. If anyone could please respond to my request. Thank You!

Live Hard! Ride Hard! Ride a Mojave!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2001 | 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I personally like the IDS2 for the mojave... my friends MegaMax equiped 250X is constantly full of ashes. The internal discs on the supertrapp are a really nice feature.

Old 10-22-2001 | 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

ok ... heres the deal if you did not read my post about one month ago heres how i saved a couple hundred dollars.... do not buy a pipe... let me explain what i did and how i tested it for my self this past weekend. first off i own a 99 ok stock to the box.. anyway heres what you do go to a pawn shop and dig thru there assorted drill area and try and find a drill bit thats 3/4" and weld a straight piece of steal stock to it thats at least as long as the muffler and mount it in a drill and bore thru two different chambers straight to the pipe and than take it for a ride... no it wont be that noisey and yes the power is awsome.. heres my point i live out west and ride in the sand when ever possible.. i went to dumont sand dunes last april and also last weekend. Theres a hill called comp hill last april i tryed it three different times and only made it up half way... now with no other mods except the pipe i went up the hill in second gear pegged and up and over the top on the first try... and all the drill cost me was one dollar two make... would i like to have a nice white bros pipe out back ah ah ah ya.... i sure would but there no need for that any more and other advice email me Jim N.Las Vegas N.V

Old 10-22-2001 | 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 2001 mojave and I recently installed a white bros e-series pipe and am 100% satisfied. Great quality and sound and I gained a lot more low-mid range power. No jetting was required and it runs awesome. I also have a uni filter and I'd buy that unless you ride in the sand. K&n is for the sand. It will allow dust to enter the engine and the uni won't.

Old 10-22-2001 | 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Go to dirtwheelsmag.com , do a search for mojave.
They tested a white bros mojave, White bros used one of thier own pipes, but I see most poeple like the IDS2.
I personaly like the K & N but to each his own.
And about the jet-kit, You can do it your self. It comes with graet instructions and a 800# for help.
If all else fails, post your problems, you have many poeple on here that can help!