Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly dought a stage 3 kit will give you 12-15mph more top speed. A 330 kit might get you 10 but only with the right gears. Don't worry about the kick start gears after 99 or so they changed them and theres no more problems plus the automatic decompressor helps that. I have a wiseco 11.5:1 piston and no problems. A 38mm carb is a waste unless you have ported your head. It helps with the cam a little but you need the port and flow work to get the benefit. Try a pipe(white bros or supertrapp) and get a uni or kn filter with the jets and change to a 13 tooth sprocket and try it and see and then maybe go to webcaminc.com and maybe get a cam.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Go with Four Stroke Tech. Mickey Dunlap is THE MAN when it comes to the Mojave. The 330cc kit he did for me is wicked! I pulled 400EXs easy this past weekend and even got second to the first corner, and even pulled the holeshot once, in a field of 440exs in the Asheville NC indoor race. I finished 6th and 7th against a field of them. Not bad for a little 330 Mojave. And just think, I'm just getting used to the new power and suspension.

If you want REAL MOJAVE POWER, go with Four Stroke Tech.

Old 11-26-2001, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

i am only 13 so i need some help about this kit. if i am to order the 330cc kit from four stroke tech, will i also need to bore the cylinder for the bigger sleeve? is there anything else that i am going to need to make this kit work to full potential? what is the compression of the piston that they include in this kit? and is it to high of a compression to still use the kick-start? i will also add an exhaust such as FMF(Megamax), or IDS2 or something like that. and also does anybody know the top speed if i put on the 330cc kit, IDS2 Exhaust, and a K&N Power kit?

Old 11-26-2001, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I was explaining this to you a couple of posts up. The 330 kit requires resleeving which is $75 labor and the engine cases need mods for $125 and the whole motor needs to come apart and I'm not sure what that will cost but the rev limiter has to be removed and he charges$85 for that and you need the hd valve springs to prevent valvetrain damage. As for a pipe mickey will recommend the ids2 or the white bros(those are the only good ones in my opinion) Hd clutch springs are needed to help handle the extra power without clutch slippage and those are$15 or so. Porting and cams are also helpful in making the most of the kit but if I were you to save a little money I wouldn't add the port job and cams right away. I bet it will have enough power like that. And you need to regear it to notice the power and Mickey will help you decide whats right for your riding style. ohhh yeah and The compression is up to you but I think he'll recommend the 11:1 piston and don't worry about the kickstart it has a decompressor and the kick start gears have been updated and they are strong now. The power kit will not be needed because you will have to go up atleast 3 sizes on the mainjet and that big of a size is not included in the kit.