Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NO!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My uncle just bought a Grizzly, i can't believe he did that! I wish he would have talked to me and I would have told him to get a praire. When I go to Ocala I see Praire 650s everywhere, and I don't see any Grizzlies.

Old 02-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

There is often a black sheep in the family.

Old 02-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well, just inform him to buy extra air filters cuz he'll be sucking a lot of prairie 650 dust. Oh, he will also need a tow rope for the many times that the Kawi's have to pull him out from getting stuck. he he

Old 02-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhh....I'll just sit back and watch the battle. hee hee

Old 02-15-2002, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought the Prairie guys all carried their own tow ropes?

Old 02-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Most do , I know I carry one , I prefer to back right up and pull someone out , instead of having to wait on them to get there rope out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Man, this one is gonna get nasty!! The fur is definitely gonna be flying!!! Seriously though, a bunch of us were out wheeling last weekend, and there were a bunch of Rubicons there. On one hillclimb, they were only making it about 3/4 of the way up. I grabbed the front diffy lock and pinned er. Screamed right by em and over the top, no problem. I'm not dissing Honda, but facts are facts. I was at the top, and they weren't!! Ya gotta love the Kawie 650!!!

Old 02-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

POOR GUY!!! someone should of told him before he bought the grizzly not to, now he is going to have to sit there and wait all that time for all of the praries to ketch up after going through any sort of rough trail! but there is an upside to it, he will allready be relaxed couse the grizzly wont be beating him up like the prarie would, so he can nap for a while as he waits, lmao!!! poor, poor guy!!! heehee. sounds to me like someone had got a little scared at such compition!!! dont worry, on the open road, as long as it aint too long so he doesn't pass you on top end, at least you'll be able to keep half a quad lenth on him, well, up to 50 anyway, lmao!!! poor, poor guy, lol.well, at least your tires will be better, no, wait, sorry, i forgot, they all suck, including the grizzly, lol.

my pictures

Old 02-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm out of bounds replying to this, but don't you 650 Prairie owners think that the 650 was an answer to the Scramblers? Granted they have utility characteristics but they have more of a sport 4X4 attitude. My buddy got one about 3 months ago and it is an awesome machine. But I have to say they still cant keep up with a true sport 4X4(Scrambler 500 or 400). Why would you put such an awesome motor in a machine that can't handle worth a s**t. Granted a Scrambler is no 250R but at least it can corner and power slide. What is with all the cables? Did any of you guys have a problem with frozen or stuck cables? I would much rather flick a switch and be done with 4X4. ). I have a HPD pipe and clutch on my 98 SCR. on a GPS it does around 65mph. I have to say the Kawi does beet me in the mid range but then after 55mph or so it flattens, as does the scrambler but I still take him in the end. I'm not trying to knock down the kawi, but after ridding it and witnessing it's abilities, my assessment of the machine is that it rides like a stage coach and it cant handle at all(way to much roll in the tires). I know the thing weighes 600lbs, but the SCR500 weighs 550lbs, so people that want a sport 4X4 should go wih a SCR. Granted this is just my opinion, so in lighten me and tell mw other wise why the Kawi is supposed to be so great.

Old 02-18-2002, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

<< I'm out of bounds replying to this, but don't you 650 Prairie owners think that the 650 was an answer to the Scramblers? Granted they have utility characteristics but they have more of a sport 4X4 attitude. My buddy got one about 3 months ago and it is an awesome machine. But I have to say they still cant keep up with a true sport 4X4(Scrambler 500 or 400). Why would you put such an awesome motor in a machine that can't handle worth a s**t. Granted a Scrambler is no 250R but at least it can corner and power slide. What is with all the cables? Did any of you guys have a problem with frozen or stuck cables? I would much rather flick a switch and be done with 4X4. ). I have a HPD pipe and clutch on my 98 SCR. on a GPS it does around 65mph. I have to say the Kawi does beet me in the mid range but then after 55mph or so it flattens, as does the scrambler but I still take him in the end. I'm not trying to knock down the kawi, but after ridding it and witnessing it's abilities, my assessment of the machine is that it rides like a stage coach and it cant handle at all(way to much roll in the tires). I know the thing weighes 600lbs, but the SCR500 weighs 550lbs, so people that want a sport 4X4 should go wih a SCR. Granted this is just my opinion, so in lighten me and tell mw other wise why the Kawi is supposed to be so great. >>

twin cylinders, and it handles great, I don't know what you are talking about. a prairie has a locker, great suspension, and is highly detuned. A pipe and a new belt and the prairie accelerates like crazy!