Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Where's all the Lakota guys at???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering where all the lakota guys where. I haven't seen any post about the Lakota. Stebob did you get your bars yet?

Old 03-15-2002, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

hay bigbad400,
I'm still here, just reading instead of posting these days.
I have been doing a ton of work to my lakota and pretty much was waiting another week or so to let yall know what it's about.
Maybe trying to put a 34mm carb on and found some used 250R bars for $45, waiting to see how stebob liked his to see whats up.
Other than that just working, but I have been keeping up.

Seen you were getting mad about your lakota and jumping it, and braeking it and all. I've yet to braek mine, but every time you post another braek down I run out and look at that part. I do have a slightly bent front rotor, not sure how that happen, but have my eye on some.

Did the rear braek linkage last week, wow, didn't realize how much braeks I didn't have untill I fixxed that.

Old 03-15-2002, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

I'm still here.....I've been waiting on wheel and swingarm bearings, so I haven't been riding.

When spring finally arrives, I'm sure there will be fewer and fewer posts.....

Old 03-15-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Sup dudes!! Still here as well. Back on mand. OT at work so I've been reading and not posting too much. There is a post on the Polaris forum about carrying guns while riding. I put a couple on there and that's about it. I did rcv the bars. I have not put them on yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. They look nice sitting on top of my fish tank though. I got some new grips too. My plans are to put them on Sun., that is my next day off, just have to wait and see how it goes. I rode when we got some snow a few weeks ago and haven't been back on it yet.

Old 03-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

what do you guys think about putting the mojave 34mm carb on my lakota? I'd like your opinions.
I have a 2000 model mojave carb that a feller will sell me at a fare price.
Do you think I should just throw a direct replacement on for now, or do you think I should keep the 32mm and find a after market one when I get the money.

Old 03-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the Mo. carb. I had that idea quite sometime ago, but no one really knew much about it. I didn't wanna do the leg work trying to figure jetting out. However it will bolt right up just like the Lakota, an after market may not.

Old 03-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Well it should be a direct replacement, but not sure I would be able to get the dyno jet needle to work in the 34mm carb, so I'll have to go with keihin needles I'm sure.
I'll look further into itand have a carb already found and a deal pending me getting home.

Old 03-15-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Dyno Jet makes a kit for the MO. too. I would call them and see if the needle is the same. Prob is, if not, can prob. just buy the needle.

Old 03-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

I had looked into it already. The mojave uses a 106S needle while the lakota uses a 106 needle.
I asked what the difference was and the feller I talked to wasn't all that much up on it all, but my take would be that the 106S is probably slightly longer.
I have a friend over there that wasn't in at the time so I will call him monday.
Not realy a worry, lurch is the one with the carb and he's going to thruogh in some extra jets so I'll be ok, but ya know how I am about carbs, I'm sure I'll work the dynojet kit in there.
I believe the lakota with the mojave carb will still require larger jets than the mojave does. The stock jet on the mo is a keihin 138 were the lakota uses a 140. The dynojet kit for the mo comes with a 136 as the largest jett and I have mains from dynojet of all kinds of sizes so that won't be a problem.
I also have pilots and starter jets as well, it's just going to be working out the needle, and that should be easy, either the dynojet needle works better or the keihin needle. I believe I have some optional keihin needles at home as well, so I believe I can do it, just take the time it takes.
And you know how I am stebob, I ll be out there in that cane field untill it's rite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I'm off shore now so let me know how the handle bars come out, I also found another guy who has a mint pair of silver 250R bend bars by renthal that I can get for $45. So let me know what you think so I know weather thats the answer we have been hunting for all winter. Yup your the ginney pig this time!!!!!

Old 03-16-2002, 03:33 AM
Range Rover

Hay I'm still around. Had to go back trucking after spending sometime in Daytona for Bike Week. Just ordered new shocks for the front from Works. Getting ready for Loretta Lynns. You guys are coming aren't you?

Quick Reply: Where's all the Lakota guys at???