Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

dirt devil tires????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i am about to scrap my stock tires and would like to know how the dirt devils do in soft,hard,snow, and expesaialy gravel? thanxs for eny info?

Old 03-16-2002, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

Dirt Devil tires are the best. I have them on my suzuki, and I have riden them in all types of terrains. They are the best all purpose tires.

Old 03-16-2002, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

Dan is right, I have 26 inchers and I have run them through: 12+ inches of snow, hardpack, pavement, swamp, moderate mud, and gravel. They perform quite well... I ride throught alot of forest trails and there are burried barbed-wire fences all over. I used to have horrible problems with my 2-ply stock tires. At one point I had 3 flats. I have driven over the same terrian with absolutly no problems! I have the XT's which have larger lugs than the AT's.

Here are some pictures of them:

Dirt Devils.jpg
Dirt Devils - Lugs.jpg
650 - Clean.jpg
Morning Workout.jpg

I got them from Dennis Kirk for $245 total + free shipping!
That was the big reason I didn't want to shell out $400 for tirez.

Hope this helps...

Old 03-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Range Rover

Hey Mr. Digital650,

I want to be just like you. Are you happy with the 10s on front and 12s in the back or would you do something differant next time? Also would you still pick the XTs for almost exclusive hard pack, no mud or go with the regular DD. I'll probably go with the 26" I don't really want great big tires but I don't thing 1/2" differance in diamater will hurt anything and they look tuff.

Anyone else know of a good place to buy 'em?

Old 03-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Chainman, I do like the 10-12 configuration the only minor problem is that a small amount of mud/snow or whatever can be thrown out the side. I would go with the 26"s but they are mounted they actually measure 24.5" they do look similar in size to the stocks. the front also looks slightly larger than the rear.

Not sure about the AT/XT I never actually saw these in person before buying. When I first ordered these they sent me 27" front and 26" rear after the hassle of getting things straightened out it cost $45 for shipping on 2 tires, they reimbersed me but really underscores the importance of free shipping. I would consider the Dirt Devils to be more of an all-purpose tire, there are other tires with less lug depth and sportier handling. This tire is also 6-Ply so each tire was about 35 lbs.

Believe me you don't want to be like me. Today I ran into a buddy's rear tire and flipped my quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Thank god I didn't hit his whole rear end, could have been so much worse. Bent the heck out of the rear rack, broke the right side of the handle bar, and slightly bent the right front rim. Luckily the guy is a mechanic so we torched the rack and bent it back into place and welded the handlebar back on. Just gonna be sore for a while... Argh

Old 03-17-2002, 12:10 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Look at the Bearclaw and the Goodyear Mudrunner before you buy. I had Bearclaws and they were good. I will be buying the Mudrunner for my next set. The stock Goodyears on my Sportsman are very good tires and the Mudrunner is a little bit more agressive. ATV Action Magazine has a good article on tires. Good luck on your decision.

Old 03-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Range Rover

Digital650,
Sorry to here about your accident, it sounds like it could have been a lot worse. You need to come up with a better story though, maybe something involving a near vertical climb, swerving to miss a nun... ...you know, something a little cooler than rear ending your buddy. Then there's the story you make up to tell your wife: I was just sitting there when a huge gust of wind came and... Just kidding, hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-13-2002, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

Can you still pull wheelies easily with the DD are wont it come up. I also have a 2500 winch in the front that makes it more difficult with the stockers.