Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

K&N Crankcase filter for Mojave!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 10:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey what's up:

I wanted to know a little about the K&N crankcase filter. I already know about the uni filters, and someone told me to get the
5/8 clamp-on type if I go with uni.

If I go with a K&N, what type should I get. There is a filter that is 5/8" which I will get, but should I go with the clamp-on type or the spigot? What does the spigot mean, is it just a push-in type?

Also where should I place the hose and crankcase breather at on the quad. I don't want it to low because oil can come out of it, but I also don't want too long of a hose.

Thanks

Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Hossman, I used the k&n spigot type and mounted it high up on the frame using the air box mounting tab. All you need to do is run a hose from the engine case to it. Takes about 16 inches of hose. Just to keep out splashes and mud I made an aluminum canister to mount it in. Before I made the canister I used a spray can plastic top for a canister, It worked just as good but didn't look as good.
Go to the pics of my project at www.picturetrail.com/mojaveaddict
and look in the "getting closer" album. Scroll down til you see the picture labeled crankcase vent, it and the next picture show it. You can see the K&N in the canister. There is another good picture of it in the "finished" album, it is the last picture.
With this setup you can forget about oil in the breather if you still have one and no oil blows its way all the way up the hose to the filter. The filter is higher than the carb so you don't have to worry about water in the case unless its going in the carb. I used a clear hose so i can see if any thing crazy is happening.

To mount the filter make sure you get the one with the threaded stud on it.

hope this helps

Old 05-28-2002, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

i got the k and n clamp on with the crome top and it looks sweet and works great

Old 05-28-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

What is a crankcase filter.I dident know my mojave had one!!