Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got my Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to thank the mojave people on this forum for their advise. I went and bought my Mojave yesterday and I could not be happier. My brother lives on a farm so we ride out there, he has a 93 warrior, one redneck gave me a bunch of crap for buying a kawasaki, but he was the proud owner of a broken polaris! I like how the mojave handles, much tighter than the warrior, but the top speed is a little slow. I love it anyway and cannot wait to start putting mods on it. This thing is great for wheelies. The only annoying thing is that the motor seems to be a little cold blooded. But i am young and have a strong leg. Thanks again for the info and advise, I am very happy with my mojave.

One thing that has been pissing me off and that I'm sure will continue to **** me off is people who think that if you dont spend a least $6,000 dollars on a quad that whatever you have is junk and you are and idiot for buying it. There are to many close minded idiots in the world who think of there atv's as status symbols. I did not by my mojave to impress people, I bought it becasue it is fun to ride. Thanks for the space to rant.

Old 06-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Every new quad I have owned has been cold blooded, after it is broken in it should get much easier to keep running when cold.

I too am put off by "quad snobs" but you seem to have that in any sport.

Old 06-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Let it braek in well. If you still have a cold blooded problem turn the air/fuel mixture screw out 1/4 turn, this will help a bunch.

In a open field or wide open places nearly every thing feels like it needs more speed. In the woods or on the track you will find it as way to much speed.

You can buy a 1 tooth larger counter sprocket (front one) and this will help in wide open places. I perfer the stock counter sprockets on tight tracks of woods. I have found in racing that I've found tracks that need one or the other.

We are starting to see a 350cc and below classes pop up all over the country. This will put your moe probably on top of that class.

Old 06-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

<< The only annoying thing is that the motor seems to be a little cold blooded. But i am young and have a strong leg >>

With stock jetting my Mojave almost always started with one kick. If it is like 50* or colder just put the choke on full(don't touch the gas) and it should fire up on the 1st kick. If the engine is warm try holding the throttle about 1/2 open and it should start on 1 kick.

Old 06-12-2002, 09:56 PM
wyd
Range Rover

I always say buy what you like. No one has to like the machine but you since you are the main rider. If someone don't like it then that is just too bad. I bought a Warrior because I just wanted a nice fun to ride sport machine. I knew I was not going to be racing it so it is plenty fast and fun for me.

Have fun on your new machine.

2000Mojave maybe I will see you sometime at Tower City. I have a blue 2002 Warrior with MAxxis Razr's and WB pipe. I normally have red Fox gear on with a Yamaha Backpack. Hope to bump into you sometime.