Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Clutch KIt

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002 | 09:43 AM
|
Pro Rider

I have read where poeple are buying the red and black springs for the 650 belt pulleys , has anyone bought the sport / utility clutch kit from EPI ? Does it have the red and black springs ? Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 06-23-2002 | 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

I was wondering the same thing. It has to have more than just the primary and secondary spring as you can buy the two springs for about $45. I'd like to know what else comes with the kit as it sells for $80.

Old 06-23-2002 | 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Jeffro, check it out. All your questions will be answered!
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...hreadid=307356

Old 06-23-2002 | 03:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

actually that other forum topic does not answer my question at all , It does not mention if the red and black springs comes in the kit , that is what I want to know , I sure don't want to order that $80 dollar kit and then have to order an extra spring , I want to know what comes in the kit.

Old 06-23-2002 | 03:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just looked on epi's site and it really doesn't give any specifics, didn't even see the black, they were other colors, I quess a phone call might be in order for us

Old 06-23-2002 | 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

What are you talking about Jeffro. Raptorssuck said that the kit contains the black spring, a red spring and an orange spring. As I stated in a post I made in a previous thread, you won't find the black spring on their website. If you want to order it, phone them. The part number is <u>KSS3</u>. There are six different springs for your primary clutch, red, orange, yellow, purple, orange H.D., and green.

Old 06-23-2002 | 07:24 PM
|
Pro Rider

I did not see the part about which springs was in the kit , Mastrblastr if I deside to order it I will call them , I just had a question about the kit. Sure hate I put you out , What are you talking about ??

Old 06-23-2002 | 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro, sorry I came off as a ****, but I just wanted to get my point across that the thread I sent you to, did have the info you were looking for. Raptorssuck posted a reply to that thread stating that the kit comes with the black spring, a red spring and an orange spring. As for the rest of my post, I was just trying to inform, I wasn't trying to be a dick. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

Old 06-23-2002 | 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY JEFFRO61, MY SON IS RAPTORSUCKS, I PURCHASED THE CLUTCH KIT FROM EPI ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO. THE CLUTCH KIT FOR THE PRAIRIE 650 CAME WITH THE RED,ORANGE, AND BLACK SPRINGS @ 79.95. I ALSO ORDERED THE PRIMARY CLUTCH PULLER @ 34.95, THE TOTAL COST PLUS SHIPPING WAS 122.91. I INSTALLED THE RED AND BLACK SPRINGS, USING MY STOCK TIRES I DID NOT NOTICE A BIG INCREASE IN ACCELERATION YET, IF I WAS MOVING AND I HIT THE THROTTLE IT FELT LIKE I WAS LOW RANGE AND TOOK OFF WITH MORE AUTHORITY THAN WITH MY STOCK SPRINGS. I ALSO NOTICED NO BELT SQUEALING EVEN WHEN I PUT ON MY NEW SUR TRAKS TIRES &amp; DOUGLAS .190 POL ALUM WHEELS AND TOOK A RIDE IN SUGAR SAND @ THE RIVER. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

THE ONLY DRAWBACK I SEE HAS BEEN A SLIGHT DROP IN TOP END, INCREASE IN FUEL CONSUMPTION AND A TAD BIT MORE TRANSMISSION WHINNING.

Old 06-24-2002 | 12:01 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks for that info , that really helps , I will probably order the kit in the next week or so , I have just put a new belt on mine a few weeks ago and probably have not put 100 miles on it so I want to put the stuff on before the belt gets wore much. Have a good day and thanks again for the info everyone.

Quick Reply: Clutch KIt