Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mudrunners

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading about another forum member on here who had 25" mudrunners on his 650. He was very upset because they were much smaller than stock.

Short mudrunners

Old 06-25-2002, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Guys, the rolling circumfrence of the tire can be obtained by measuring the standing height of the tire and multiplying that figure by 3.1415. Saves a few steps and is a more concise measurment. You actually want the front diff slightly higher geared than the rear to aid in steering in 4X4 on soft terrain which is what a taller tire gives you. If you are geared the same front and rear or lower in front you tend to push the front axle. If you keep up with NASCAR you know this is bad. You can't turn if your front is slideing. In the same respect you can't have too large a difference or you'll suffer gear wrap, or bind in the trans.

Old 06-25-2002, 04:29 PM
MDG
Range Rover

That will work if you measure the height of the tire inflated at the recommended PSI sitting on the ground with the weight of the ATV on it. I'm sure that is what you meant by "standing height". That method will not work using the overall height in the Goodyear spec sheet.

I'm not sure if the spec sheet numbers are correct. The Rolling Circ. of the 27" tires are 77 front and 79 rear but Nyroc's friend has a 4 inch difference. Also the 27x9x12 weighs the same as a 25x8x12.

It just don't smell right.

Old 06-25-2002, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, I put the 26inch Mudrunners on my 650 and am very satisfied with them. I havent checked the rolling distance or anything like that. I didnt loose any top end speed. My top speed on my 4 wheeler is 63 mph. I am not a small fellow so I am still happy with the speed. I am 6'4" and weigh in at a scant 290lbs.

The bad news is that I had a mishap on my four wheeler 5 weeks ago and knee surgery has finally been scheduled. Needless to say I said some dirty words when I had my mishap. Its not a good thing when your right foot gets bent around to the center of the right rear tire while your are still seated. It kinda smarts a little.

Lesson learned. Let the damn thing tip over if that is what it wants to do and jump off on the high side.

Take care out there, and you all dont follow my lead. Be careful.

Longarm

Old 06-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

<< That will work if you measure the height of the tire inflated at the recommended PSI sitting on the ground with the weight of the ATV on it. I'm sure that is what you meant by &quot;standing height&quot;. That method will not work using the overall height in the Goodyear spec sheet.

I'm not sure if the spec sheet numbers are correct. The Rolling Circ. of the 27&quot; tires are 77 front and 79 rear but Nyroc's friend has a 4 inch difference. Also the 27x9x12 weighs the same as a 25x8x12.

It just don't smell right.
>>

Standing height is measured not only with the weight of the bike but also with your butt in the seat along with all your junk just as you would ride it to be a true measurment.

Your circ. measurments are astray as 25&quot; height converts to 78.5&quot; circ.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

I have the same set up as you are looking at on mine. 26&quot; mudrunners are a really good all around tire. If you do a search I have given the comparisons between my brothers Titan 589 m/t and the Mudrunners. I would go over it again but I do not think everyone wants to hear hear it.

They will fit on the stock wheels without any problems. Even though the rolling average is quite different I do not feel it and the 4X4 works just fine. My only complaint is the price of them. Good luck on your purchase. You can also see pics of them on the web site.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:31 PM
MDG
Range Rover

longarm650

I’m sorry to hear about your mishap. Good luck with your surgery.
One of the guys I rode with last weekend rolled his 660 griz and broke a rib. His bike is not too happy either.

Dangerous,

Your right and my lard butt would make a difference. Haha

&quot;Your circ. measurments are astray as 25&quot; height converts to 78.5&quot; circ.&quot;

I only used the height and weights in the Goodyear spec.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

With using the method you guys are suggesting (height*3.14)the rolling distance of the 26&quot; Mudrunners is 1.57&quot;. I have measured the height of my tires in the past using a level and there is a 1/2&quot; difference. Taller in the front. Can't remember the exact height but that is not important when figuring the rolling distance difference from front to rear. My air pressure was at 4.5 lbs front and rear. By the way putting the 26&quot; Mudrunners on added a total of 58lbs from stock tires.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Personally, I'm not real concerned about the circ differences as I believe it should help steer in the soft stuff as I stated earlier. So where's the cheapest place to get the things as I decided this weekend that is what I intend to buy? Rode a little Honda over the weekend that was equipped with Mudrunners and liked them a lot. With my horsepower I don't see how anything else could be better. If anyone finds a deal soon please post up. Read a post about a place in east Ky. that was selling tires cheap. Still searching for it. I'll find it sometime this evening.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Kawlaris, If you are saying the difference front to rear is 1.57&quot; that converts to approx. 2%. When we run the trucks in the mud we shoot for 1 to 2%. So this suits me fine. Now all I have to do is determine where I'm going to order from.

Quick Reply: Mudrunners