Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Final Round of the MMCC Hare Scramble Series......Slayden,MS

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 01:22 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There seem to be more woods racers in this forum than the others so I figured i would post it here. no one ever looks at the ATV Racing forum.

July 28 at Slayden,MS

Classes are A, B, Novice, and Utility

Go to Memphis Motorcycle Club for more information including a map to the race.

Hope some of you guys can attend.

Patrick

Old 06-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Patrik,

I sure would like to make it up and run one with you, but still to far away to give you a answer. I would say yes, but all the ones I tried to plan with 98lakota have fallen threw so far. Just keep me posted and remind me around the 15th and hopefully I'll make it.

Old 06-25-2002, 10:20 PM
The Facility

This has been my first year at anything other than motocross.

I run in the Novice class. Have done quite well so far. Would have had the points battle won in the last race if it wasn't for the cheapo wheels that come stock on the Cannibals. Got my first DNF. I was planning on running all stock other than nerfs and pipe just to say that i accomplished something on a completly stock quad, but I was prooved wrong.

Mounting up the new wheels tomorrow.

There is has been hardly any guys showing up at the races this year because the promoters cut back the season races from 6 to 4. They have realized their goof up and plan to run 8 races next season to make it up to everyone. There have been no more than 11 or 12 in my class at each event.

I haven't run a single motocross race since the arenacross at MSU in February. After the Slayden,MS race....I plan to run a few local MX races before the next arenacross in November.

BTW......It took me until just now to figure out who you are.....LOL...Boy do we have some history on this forum or what????

If you're ever in the area, drop me a line.

Old 06-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

We'll see how it goes, but I might be able to get some of the guys that race the MSWS to make the trip. We have a race the weekend before yours, so I'll have to see if anything tears up.

Old 06-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

They are planning or running 8 next year? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds great, but who told you that? I thought it would be more likely that they wouldn't have any races next year...

Old 06-28-2002, 03:05 AM
The Facility

Hey Eddie,

Jerry, who i have forgotten his title in the MMCC, drives a truck and came by the other day just to chat with Carl. I talked to him and he was the one who said that they planned to have as many as 8 races for next year.

He told us that the President of the MMCC was the one who decided to cut back the schedule this year and that no one really agreed with it in the beginning. He said that everyone was wanting it increased for next year and it seemed like more people were helping out this year with the races so they are starting to get together on next years schedule.

By the way.....I heard about your accident. I hope your leg gets better soon. How long do you have to stay in the cast??

Patrick

Old 06-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone wants more races, I certainly do. Four really isn't enought to be considered a series. Hopefully if the races are run well we will see an increase in turnout. Next year should be pretty good.

Where are you planning to race MX? I'd really like to run a couple with you if you are serious about it.

I'm probably out for another month if everything goes well. It sucks, I'm dying to ride...

Old 06-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

hey patrick,
Count me in on the MX too. I just need to know when and where, and how much $$$$ to bring to get in. Oh yeah the blaster isnt black and purple any more, we sanded the fenders and its now stock blue and white, Just need that caliper part though....other than that its good to go.

Old 07-01-2002, 03:18 AM
The Facility

Eddie and reconbasher,

Michael and I are going to run some MX races in Pontotoc during September and October in preparation for the arena cross in November. I haven't ran a motocross track since the last arena cross in February and Michael hasn't even ridden at all due to his recent injury.

Old 07-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Patrick,

I have not decided if I will run the motorcross, but my partner is trying to talk me into it. As for Slayden, you can count me in. I am still trying to piece the mojave together after the last race. Do you know where I can get some maier zest orange racing fenders for my 2001 mojave?

Trent

<< We are all born to die....Its what you do in between that counts!!!!!!!! >>