Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mega Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alltoys,
thanks for the tips, it makes sense..especially about being rich, & restrictive exhaust..
not afraid to tear into it, just don't have the time to do it right now..
I've done pipe & airbox mods on my street bikes, but they were set up lean to start with..
so multiple carbs, needles, shims, etc..dosen't intimidate me.

I was getting up supplies & trying to figure out how to get within a jet size to start with..
in the box of parts, I have drive spring, driven spring, 145 main jet, DJ kit, twin air filter.
& DG snorkle on order. I know how Mike told me to mod the airbox, as far as holes & locations,
the exhaust was the only thing that I was not planning to change. I know I really need to for all
of it to work right, either mod the stock pipe, or a more free flowing aftermarket one.

so I'll have to ponder what I want to do on the exhaust end, before I start on the breathing end..
but have a pretty good idea now..

thanks for all the testing, ideas, & tinkering you come up with..& share

Old 07-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks actually for your help as inquiring minds are the foundation for inventing and talking to people can ignite a little spark to fuel a small flame and your interests will keep that flame alive. Oh say Conman JUNKYARD WARS is one of my favorite programs the things those people use is truly interesting and I say people because there are girls involved too. My Wife although sometimes unorthoughdox in her approach has come up with some all to interesting remedies that I would be proud to think of!! Again thanks for your insite we are not done yet and I will post some more stats later that might intrigue your interest further.