Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

650 - Snorkle, Dynojet Kit and TwinAir Filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy and I just ordered the Diamond G Racing Snorkle, a TwinAir filter and Dynojet kit for our stock (except tires) 650's. I am wondering how hard of an install will the snorkle and jet kit be? To tell you the truth I'm not worried about the snorkle but the jet kit is making me wonder a little. Are the directions from dynojet easy to follow?

Anyone have any tips or help before we undergo this transformation. What can/should we expect??

Thanks...

Parker

Old 07-08-2002, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Get sharp screwdrivers, the main air jets are in too tight. So are the bowl screws.

You have to take the airbox off to do the needles. Take the middle plastic off, makes it easier.

The snorkle is not very hard to remove, just take the radiator cap access cover off to help you guide it back into the hole in the rubber shield when you put it back.

Dynojet's needle settings are too rich. You may save time just using one notch leaner.

Don't drop any screws!

Good luck

Old 07-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Will re-jetting void the extended warranty? Especially if a shop does it?

Old 07-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Range Rover

Thanks Nyroc. The needles I'm not too worried about, I've adjusted those on GSXR and CBR street bikes before, but its the jets that I'm concerned with. I was looking at the service manual last night.

Do the carburators have to come off (out of the bike) to change out the jets and needles? I think I have to take the side cover off the carbs to get at the jets but the needles can be removed from the vacuum chamber or whatever it is. Is it just a matter of interchanging the needles and jets? Should I be concerned with anything else? Is there anything I should watch out for when taking the carbs off the quad? Do I need to drain the coolant?

Thanks for your help guys. I don't think I would have done this work myself if I didn't have this forum. I hate not tinkering with my own stuff. Besides, it makes it easier when you know the ins and outs of the quad when something happens on the trail. Ex. One of my friends just got his 650 2 weeks ago. We rode 93 HARD miles and he beat his machine up. Don't know what exactly happened but his fan came off. I'm not sure if it is the fan nut that came loose or the whole assembly, but regardless the machine was overheating and pouring coolant out. The fan was rattling and it initially sounded like a valve was gone. He was like a duck in the water, what do I do, what the hell is going on, he had no clue. I thought it sounded like the fan and sure enough, I guess when he buried it in 4 ft of mud 15 mins before, some mud got up inside there or a stick and reaked some havoc on it.

Good to know the machine for fixes or problems on the trail. Thats all. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

You do not need to take the carbs off or drain the coolant to do the jetting. It takes longer taking the plastic off than it does to put the jets and needles in. Just make sure you have good screw drivers like Nyrock said it makes it much easier.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Range Rover

Bump....

...just wanna see if anyone else has any info. How hard are the jets to get at and replace? Are the dynojet instructions accurate and helpful? will they guide me throught he ordeal?

Last one I promise...

Old 07-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Range Rover

PARKER650- I Was wondering the same thing I didn't know if I wanted to mess with it since I have never done any jetting. I plan on do all mods at once snorkel pipe airfilter and maybe cdi box if I can what that long. Thanks guys for all the good info helps out a lot.