Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got the 650..03 with bronze rims and racks..havnt even had a chance to ride it yet..but WOW what a ride!!! and who knows what the best lock system is for antitheft??/

Old 07-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

On www.sportsmansguide.com, I saw a disc brake lock that goes through the holes drilled in the front disc brake and makes it so they can't drive it off, unless they take the wheel off. I also saw a "Club" type of thing. You get a big "U" bolt and bolt it to your garage concrete floor, then you get the "club" fom you autoparts store that hooks around your steering wheel and your brake pedal in you car, then just put one hook under the "U" bolt in your garage and the other one to your suspension somewhere. This will at least slow them down, but let's face it if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. I too am in a quandry when it comes to my 650. I want to show it off in the neighborhood, but then I am afraid that if I show it off, that someone of questionable character will make off with it. Therefore, I got insurance for it. a $100 deductible costs me only $111 per year. To me, this is the best theft device.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

I have a Club cable lock. It has a high strength 5/8" inch cable. Put it thru wheel and around frame.When 650 is on the Trailer,I loop it around the rail also. It came with 3 keys. I also have insurance.Have a good time on your new 650.

Old 07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Good idea kbar. I also heard that some atvers are using a notebook computer lock that has an alarm on it. It isn't a large cable, but if the cable is cut or even moved it sets off a 110 db alarm. This would sure scare the heck out of a bandit!!

Old 07-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info..I just got a Brinks 6'cable lock that im going to run through the frame/and or wheel and brake assembly...Im not going to get burned again. I also got the best insurance I could find.Little more expensive than I want but not nearly the cost of the quad itself. On another note..got to ride it for a few hours yesterday,Man what a machine Im breaking it in right ..nice and easy.its just an awesome ride!!what more can I say. and on a dif. note...i do have one minor complaint..damn that tranny is loud..the thing is fairly annoying..but my major complaint is that this machine has brass *****!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

I have been using the Targus Defcon Notebook computer alarms. It is pretty cool, you can also set it for motion detection. They will emit a very loud siren. The best part is their cost on Ebay, I got mine for $9.99 plus shipping. They are $50 at CompUSA and Best Buy.

BTW remove them before you travel. I left one on my ramp and the jarring of the trailer pulled it apart and ruined it. But the alarm sounded! I also have them insured, it would just really **** me off if I have driven several hours spent the night in a hotel, and the next morning my quads were gone.