Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone have the Warn A2500 Multi-Mount? - need install tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the A2500 multi-mount winch and Warn 54" plow for my P650 this passed weekend. I was hoping someone on on the board has done this install and could help me with any tips or tricks to make the install go smooth. The multi-mount needs to be wired for the front and rear of the bike, so the install is slightly more complex than a front mount only winch.

I am mostly conserned with the placement of the power distribution block, and the best way to wire the front and rear mounts. I know this may be asking alot, but pictures would be VERY helpful.

I am guessing several of us have or will be mounting winches on our machines, so I am hoping to collect the information from this post, and then documenting my install with pictures, and if all goes well, posting it as a how-to.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry I have only done the front mount. I haven't read any where here that any one has gotten one I think you are the first.

Old 09-11-2002, 04:02 AM
Range Rover

i have it for mine ,i did not put in front mount because plow wouldnt fit.i used the back mount put in bar with hole and clevis ,nice tow point for me or anyone else.it is nice and high and out of the mud compared to regular hitch.if you want pics i could email them to you.also anyone interested in front mount and carrier winch goes on i will sell cheap.

Old 09-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

bigdoney,

Picks would be great. Please send them to gregorygpaul@hotmail.com .

What kind of plow were you using? I am planning on using the Warn plow with mine, and the Warn rep. said that there would be no problem. Was he full of it?

Old 09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
Range Rover

i have county plow.by cycle country ill find camera and send to you,only thing sometimes hotmail accounts wont take pics.ill set it at low setting.

Old 09-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, if hotmail dosen't work, I have another email you can use.

I called Warn, and they told me that the multi-mount will not work with their plow. I told them they should educate their factory reps on basic product applications.

I am courous on why the multi-mount won't work with a plow. There seems to be enough clearance in front of the ATV. It seems that all that will be required will be welding on a new lift point to the plow.

If it doesnt work, I'll order a new front mount for the winter, and swap it out for the front multi-mount reciever in the spring.

BTW how long do you think it will take to switch mounts?