Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What is the best 650 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 07:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Supertrapp IDS-X sounds good - not too loud, works good, and is tunable. But I haven't had it for very long so I can't comment on future problems.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Kissofdeath,
I'm not sure what kind of probs. you've had with your Supertrapp, however, I have found them to be a great company to deal with. Call them directly. Sorry, I don't have the # handy. I beat the crap out my pipe to get it apart. Something was just wrong. They sent me and entire new exhaust, overnight, no charge and didn't even rqst the old one back. Give them a call.

Old 10-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure who you talked to but when I called I got a woman and she said I needed to send it back to them to look at. I got one of the first ones for a 2000 Kodiak. When I tried installing it, it didnt fit the frame mounts. I had to modify the bracket by cutting slots in it for it to work. I had to bend up the stock heat sheild just so it would fit their s-bend pipe. I never could get the exhaust leak stopped at the muffler and s-bend pipe. The emblem color came off after the very first ride. The bushing that holds the muffler to the bracket always melts no matter what I tried. Now I just bolt it solid and had the muffler and s-bend pipe welded. Repacking is impossible without messing up the collet fingers on the core. My internal baffle has been removed because the core was ruined just trying to remove it for repacking. I can tell everyone I will never in my life spend $200+ and put up with the kind of trouble and bullsheet I had with that POS! You say you beat the crap out of your pipe trying to get it apart right? Well I dont think something was wrong thats just the way the Supertrapp is designed and will always be the case when trying to repack it. Good luck next time you try. Actually I could have tollerated the rest of the problems if it hadnt been for the sorry *** way of trying to repack it. I better go before I type a book about that POS.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default What is the best 650 exhaust?

Yes, I had to beat the crap out of it to get it apart to repack it. The new system they sent me has worked great since. No probs. I didn't talk to a woman, dam I wish I could remember the guys name. He was great. Others on this sight haven't had any probs. with their pipes from them. Call them back. I have confidence in them. Give them another shot. What ya got to lose? If no luck, let me know and I'll call them and find out that dude's name. I'll know it when I hear it. Let them know how pissed you are and that you know they don't make junk, but you feel that what you rcv'd is. Man, they were so helpful with me. Sounds like you got a 4:30, Friday pipe like I did.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have already welded up the two parts now. I would like to get a new one "for free" but Im sure they wont give me one after over two years. If you get the guys name and number I will give it a shot.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I'll give myself a reminder to call them tomorrow. I'll post it tomorrow night.

Old 10-09-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Kissofdeath,
Found the old info. when I was dealing with this. His name is Jim Gladish, phone #:216-265-8400. Sorry no 800 #. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

I am currently working with Yoshimura on a full exhaust system for the Prairie. I have had great luck with Yosh in the past and expect this to be the exhaust to have.
Bearman

Old 10-09-2002, 06:27 AM
Range Rover

1BEARMAN, will it be a forestry approved exhaust ? A lot of my riding is in state park areas and I heard they are getting pretty tough of noise laws ?

John

Old 10-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks stebob, I will give them a call Friday when Im off work. Thanks for the time to do that for me.

1bearman can you speculate how much the full exhaust will run "money wise" not speed LOL.

Also, like jjs said, it much be forestry approved or I wont even consider it. Thats what knocks HMF out of contention.

Quick Reply: What is the best 650 exhaust?