Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A 700 twin good, but automatic, come on Kawi

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 05:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it looks like we now have a new big bore in the mix. but a automatic? what the hell is that? that is pathetic. Would it be possible for suzuki to release it as a real sport high performance quad with a manual tranny? that would be more like it. I mean this isnt polaris here its kawi, but man i just lost some respect.

Old 10-08-2002, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

don`t knock it untill you try it..... torque is a beautiful thing.

Old 10-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

A lot of people claim that the automatic's accelerate faster than the manuals. That is a proven fact with audi, whose CVT driven car spanks the same car with a 5 speed.

bkutina, kawasaki claims their automatic prototype spanks their manual one. I think they know what they are going.

The problem with autos is that people think of polaris when they think of automatic sport quads, but the truth is, kawasaki can make it work a lot better than polaris can.

It will be good. Belt drives are your friends.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

I personally will be all over this one..just think,meat of the gear ratio at all times..700cc of V-twin sack....noone will even notice what little power is lost to the shaft drive because that twin is already a super strong motor..I think ppl are jumping just abit to quick on Kawi for what they think is gonna be a loser right off the top. I think that will change quickly.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

my only concern about this quad is the location of the gas tank. With the morons out there that insist on rear-ending everyone on the trail, I hope this doens't turn out to be another Ford Pinto or AMC Pacer.

Old 10-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

CVT sucks for throttle response and throttle control. Yup, it's great at the drag strip. If that's where you want to run it, then fine.

But for the woods or mx, you won't have that control which is necessary for maintaining speed and dodging potholes and obstacles.....

What were they thinking?

RM

Old 10-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Well..one mans trash is another's treasure..I do have do disagree with the woods and control statement tho..you punch it and it goes..i had the very same argument just last week with a co-worker..he said the lag time was terrible..BUT he has never rode the 650..let him ride mine for a hour an this die hard two stroker was a beleiver.

Old 10-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

You guys just cant leave it alone can you.

Old 10-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the new kawi was designed to be a MX racer. BTW have you seen the quads that FST makes?? they handle themselves pretty well in the cross country/woods!

I wasn't a belt believer, but now that i've driven a p650, and own a kod400, the auto is a wounderful thing! It takes time to get used to it, but once you do you'll never want to go back!

Old 10-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default A 700 twin good, but automatic, come on Kawi

Again, can we let this thing come out before we pick it apart and say how terrible the lag time is, so on and so forth. How can you possibly know 'till it comes out????? There is a such thing as technology progressing. You can't compare it to the Polaris's which is what sounds like what is happening. I will agree the Trailboss my buddy has and the Scrammy 400 another buddy has, have severe lag times. That doesn't mean they all do. Does the P650? Not at all from what I understand, granted I have not had the privelege to ride one yet. However, if it did, I'm sure everyone would be complaining about it.

Quick Reply: A 700 twin good, but automatic, come on Kawi