Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A 700 twin good, but automatic, come on Kawi

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A 700 twin good, but automatic, come on Kawi

If you have any driving abilitiy you can easily go as fast on an auto as you can a manual , I can't wait to see this machine winning all the GNCC sport classes just like the 650 prairie does in the utility classes. Don't see the machine running extremely well on a MX track , but that is because if the weight not the auto, but who cares , i bet less than 5% of all ATV owners will race on an MX track anyway.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S;
When I first started talking about getting a quad, my wife said as long as it's automatic. I was disgusted to say the least. But then I found and fell in love with the Kawi P650 !!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Automatic baby!!!! This machine rocks!!! I would never buy anything else it's that good. It will wheelie over pot holes and obstacles at will. So believe me when I tell you that this KFX700 will wheelie in a heart beat. Throttle response is instant. That 700 V-twin may not please everyone but from my perspective I think it will be an absolute beast of a machine.

ROB

Old 10-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stebob
...can we let this thing come out before we pick it apart and say how terrible the lag time is, so on and so forth. How can you possibly know 'till it comes out?????
I couldn't agree more. From what I can see this is going to be an awesome machine. If I wanted a sport quad there would be no question for me, V-Force baby, but I can say that as I have actually ridden, and own, a Prairie 650 and can give you a seat of the pants report about how that 633cc engine works with a CVT. No machine is perfect for everything (yes that includes the Raptor and 400EX, contrary to popular belief), so it won't suprise me if the KFX700 doesn't MX well, but I think it will scream in XC type racing.

Lets just wait and see what happens, I expect a Predator vs. V-Force article to be in every mag by March.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MuddHound
Lets just wait and see what happens, I expect a Predator vs. V-Force article to be in every mag by March.
We all already know who'll win the shootouts though, with all the heavy-paper brochures that Polaris is putting in the Hi-Torque mags (thats gotta cost some serious $$$).

I hate those Predator ads anyway, they keep my mag from laying flat on the counter in the "library". You know?

Old 10-08-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

dont know bout the rest of you guys but i dont give a turd less about a mx track..never been on one cause ive never had a shortage of killer trails to ride.

Old 10-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I used to have a Scrambler 400 2X4 with about 55 HP. I had to mod the auto tranny for the improved power.
It had ZERO!! lag at take off. In fact if you were on anything resembling traction you could not even take off wide open. It would flip over backwards before you could let off the gas.
The one bad thing about auto's is you lose a little power in the tranny that never makes it to the rear wheels.
Seams to me a 700 V-Twin should be able to give up a couple horse and still be about the fastest thing you could buy.
Not sure if it would be a quad I would buy, but I sure would like to take a spin on it.

Old 10-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the 700 will be successfull and kawi will sell a lot of them. The bike sort of fits in a class of its own. However if it would have been chain/sprocket drive and have manual trans, then they would sell even more than the auto. Being manual trans, it would fit into the popular raptor/ds650 category and would probably dominate that category.

I like the autos for 4x4 technical riding, and also mud riding. Also for when I'm lazy and trail ride. When I race or ride more aggressive, I just enjoy a manual transmission better. For me it is just more fun to shift through the gears.