Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dial A/JET second best thing in the world

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dial A/JET second best thing in the world

Hey Mastrblastr.

You funny GUY, how about that PIG!!!!

Guess what younge fellow I had another day off today did some riding and with the new jets I can bring up the front end on demand if I have traction. I made a wheely bar out of some old springs from a trailer, the front end comes up the springs hit the ground and It doesn't hit hard like a regular wheely set up. It gives a spring forward sort of feeling . Kind of fun actually. Wifey says if I have more time off I might be able to reinvent the wheel LMFHO. I might as well laugh now because I wont be laughing when the bill comes. Have fun at least untill the bill arrives LOL!!!!!

Old 10-11-2002, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

I wanna be a pig in my next lifetime!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! (inside joke guys) Or a lion!!!!!!!! On occasion, I'll take quantity over quality!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

No wheeling for me this weekend pal. Gotta go see "she-who-must-be-obeyed"s mother. Maybe I'll take my wheeler with me!!!! Likethat would go over well.

Definitely let me know how that dial-a-jet works. Have a good one.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Let's see if I understand this right, take the 650 for a ride into the wide beautiful country, or , be hospitable to motherinlaw. HE HE HE HE HE. I am a little slow so see if I get this correct, take 650 for an adventure into the country, or, be a perfect SON IN LAW. If I answer this for you your wife will cut my you now what off. Goooooood luck Younge fellow if I don't hear from you for a while I will now what happened!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Hey ALLTOYS;

Glad to hear you got the dial-a-jets, are you using the nitrous propane also?

Old 10-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

I pick pig. It would be a good way to go ,if you have to go it would be my choice. The yamaha RX1 is a jump ahead of the other sled mfg. now it forces them to play catch up. Yes just like kawasaki did with the 650. everyone is playing catch up, and might i add "not doing that great".
Alltoys its snowing here with 6" south of me at cadomin. Wanted to get into those jets this weekend ,but too much company with thanksgiving and all.
olso have to get sleds from shed, need to replace some clutch rollers and bolts.

There never seems to be enough time. where do you find the time to create these great and wonderful experiments.

Raymond

Old 10-11-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Shotgun Great to hear from you, you now I tried everywhere asking anybody who would listen and they thought I was on drugs when I told them about nitrous propane. The unit I use now is a dry system and can be very dangerous but truly exzilerating. The closeist I can come to the unit you use with nos and propane is what the hot rod guys call a wet system only without propane. Again when I ask to mix the two they think I'm nuts they say no one does that so I'm left with other options. The next best thing uses gasoline with the nos injected into the vacume tube between the carb and motor. Probably close to the same unit you use although much more idiot proof with a greater proven track record, this way I can go from 10% up to 50% nos without worrying about the engine.

I must get ahold of you later I think you mix this yourself or use 2 different bottles I am not sure but I am still interested because this has me intrigued. It drives me nuts untill I understand it and I can help you later when you want to go super modified. All I can say is with the dry system I eat banshees and raptors in a 300ft drag.

Old 10-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Roscoe69

With the snow falling I'll bet those sleds are wineing at the door to get out. I can't wait to do some hard water fishing myself. Its too bad family is coming for Thanks Giveing LOL, can't play that way, I'll bet they would like to go for a rip on the Kawi. Although I think Mastrblastr is in the same perdickament as you. I'll be thinking of you two really, when I am up to the floor boards in snow and mudd, sounds terrible real terrible LOL LOL!!!!!!!

The only way I get things done is sometimes I go untill I finish it or untill wifey comes to the shop and drags me in. Who needs sleep, I can sleep in my next life maybe as a pig, or Lion.

If anybody wants to now about the pig or the lion I can e-mail it to you upon request. Have fun.

Old 10-11-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thumpin650

I was going over some old notes I made when I installed the dj jets on my bike. I got thinking maybe you should go with the largest jets as they are slightly smaller than the original mikune jets. Try this first if it over fuels then drop one notch on the needle this will lean the bike which is ok because that is what you want to do anyway. If that still overfuels then drop one more jet size and go with the 5th notch. I truly think you will find out the larger dj jets will work very well if not drop a notch on the needle. Basically all the jet does is control idle and the initial punch out the hole the rest is handled by the needle. Little more involved than that but that is the general gist. Hope this helps let me now how it works I can help more when you have the unit installed. Have fun.

Old 10-12-2002, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

ALLTOYS, keep me updated, any improvement you make I want to know about it.

One thing I'm going to try, I'm pulling my motor and trans over the next couple of weeks. Looking at my manual, it looks like I can make some gears for the trans. I'm going to step up one tooth in low range and two or three in high range, adjust my clutch weights to get back into my peak horse power range and see what happens.

maybe we should all get together and come up with a SUPER KIT, It might have Diamond G's cdi box, a 750 kit, bigger carbs, transmission gear change, and nitrous boost kit, adjustable weights for clutch, maybe a turbo kit. Sounds like fun.

Old 10-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alltoys
Thumpin650

I was going over some old notes I made when I installed the dj jets on my bike. I got thinking maybe you should go with the largest jets as they are slightly smaller than the original mikune jets. Try this first if it over fuels then drop one notch on the needle this will lean the bike which is ok because that is what you want to do anyway. If that still overfuels then drop one more jet size and go with the 5th notch. I truly think you will find out the larger dj jets will work very well if not drop a notch on the needle. Basically all the jet does is control idle and the initial punch out the hole the rest is handled by the needle. Little more involved than that but that is the general gist. Hope this helps let me now how it works I can help more when you have the unit installed. Have fun.
Alltoys,
When you say drop a notch on the needle do you mean if your on the 4th notch, go to the 5th notch?

Quick Reply: Dial A/JET second best thing in the world