Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

So I rode a P650 and...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I rode a P650 and...

Mon up Andy! I'm always willing to learn. I'll show you around (while I'm in trainin) then maybe we can run some of them soft bottoms down in Mississippi.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: packardbell15
u and a small group of others are the only ones who dont like 650s. ur probalby just made that u cant get one and ur stuck with junky american made polaris. i would be ashamed to own that. everyones right u cant handle the power of the prairie
Yeah you're right packard, just think if he'd had it in him to wind it up to second gear.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Andy, the 650 is a helluva quad, you just gotta be ready for the way it acts when its under you. Once you get used to the whirring and seperate it from the thump you'll realize that the 650 engine isn't even straining at 60 the CDI just nocks it back when you top out. You also gotta remember even at low speeds there is considerable torque bruting the front tires so body english is a must, you gotta break those rear tires or the front's gonna bulldoze, thus "gas n' boot".

Old 10-16-2002, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

I don't have much to say about the polaris, but I do own a 650 and I can say this. I had that 650 going places today that my friend couldn't believe. He told me I had no fear (he was riding an Artic Cat). The weird thing is, I was totally at ease and in control the whole time. I can't wait for new tires either. Anyway, dings in 3 of my rims, and a good bend in my rear diff skid plate. Those rocks are buggers.

BTW, I let my friend ride the 650 after his "no fear" comment and he said--no wonder, this thing is amazing!

Old 10-16-2002, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: packardbell15
u and a small group of others are the only ones who dont like 650s. ur probalby just made that u cant get one and ur stuck with junky american made polaris. i would be ashamed to own that. everyones right u cant handle the power of the prairie
C'mon junior give me a break. At 15 years old you would be proud to "own" anything your daddy will buy you,even if it was a "junky american made polaris".
If you were old enough to read properly, you would have clearly saw where i stated not once but 2 times that Im not bashing P650s. Infact,Im trying to get my facts straight so that I might one day join the elite bortherhood of P650 owners,which unfortunely contains a few undesireables like you.

You better get to bed now. You know the schoolbus runs early.

To everyone else.
I appreciate the replys.

Andy G

Old 10-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Andy, you definately can't judge the bike from that one try. It is a very different riding machine than any other I've riddin'. When I first got mine out it scared me how hi the engine seemed to be pushing until about five hours into break- in I really gave it the gas and than I really got scared when the speedo said 65 and still climbing!! I agree with the others, I believe alot of the noise is coming from the belt drive system. To verify this I sat as far back as I could and listened in on the pipe, not as bad as I first thought. As far as the front end, if your in two wheel drive it can be a b*tch, so, you just gas it and break the back tires loose to spin her around, but it's not too bad in 4WD. The stock dunlops(Doesn't even deserve a capitol "D") suck bad, they bail on ya when you need them the most. My wheels are all dinged up from them slipping at a bad time and I need new skid plates, after my new tires!! Take another ride and feel it out a little more, I've ridden alot of bikes and I love my Prairie!

Old 10-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

You can get the springs fram MAW for about $150 shipped to your door.(USA)

Old 10-16-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

andy,
i have one and you dont have one

Old 10-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Packardbell15

andy,
i have one and you dont have one

You forgot to add NANNY NANNY BOO BOO to the end of your post

Grow up Isn't school in or something the guy was just posting a question and wantted answers.

You where gone for a while how about you go back to wherever you where!!!!

Old 10-16-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Andy~G, I'm somewhat of a neighbor of yours. I'm from down in Hattiesburg. I bought a P650 in July and loved it, until it was stolen. I'm waiting for my insurance to come through so I can get my new one. Meanwhile, I'm back to riding my Polaris. I used to think that my Polaris would run pretty good, but that was until I got on the P650. I'm very familiar with what you are talking about when you refer to that noise. At 35 mph, the sound may give you the illusion that the quad is doing all it can do. But next time you get on one and are at that speed, stab the throttle and you'll see that the motor was nowhere near being used at 35. It sounds like all you did was putt around on it, which it is hard to do anything else when you are on someone else's quad. It's hard to judge a quad when that's all you do, but if you were to try it out to see what it would really do, you would be greatly suprised, especially after being on a SP500. I'm back on my old Polaris until I can get my new P650 and I sure do miss the fun and the power of that P650.

Old 10-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

ANDY:
The P650 was not straining at 35mph...nowhere near it!!! I read somewhere that this engine has tested to be quite stable at 13000rpm's!!! The stock C.D.I. retards timing at 5000rpms...so at 35mph in high...not even close!!!! This machine will do 35mph in low all day long and not hurt the engine. As for the amount of torque as compared to a POL500...I have 2 friends with Pol500 HO's and I have rode them both and they have rode mine. The Pol500 HO is NO-WHERE near as powerfull as the Kawi, nor is it as fast. I have drag raced several times and man I tell you it's not even close! I am not bashing the Pol500 HO..It is a real nice machine,rides nice ,the seat is like a pillow in comparison to my Kawi. The power is good but it's not the Kawi. The Pol has a real lag on take off that lasts for maybe 10ft or so and then builds it's power. The IRS on the Pol is scary on turns and takes getting used to. The Kawi does indeed have ONION SKINS for tires...this is a handling nightmare...Better tires will fix this. I have Kenda Bearclaws on the way. The Kawi does indeed handle very good. It has a sport-like swingarm in the rear with a mono-shock(with piggyback tank on it) it is very sporty. This machine COMPLETLY dominates the GNCC utility racing class...so it has to handle. Give one a good ride and if it don't make you soil yourself and still come back with a GIANT grin on your face...you haven't truly tested one. My first ride was in my buddy's lot ( my dealer) and I came back shaking and adrenaline pumping through me at an incredible rate!!! I said OH MY GOD WHAT AM I BUYING...man am I ever glad I did.

ROB

Quick Reply: So I rode a P650 and...