Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HELP!! embarassed p650 rider.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! embarassed p650 rider.

trx450

I would like to go but unless I find a job it will not happen this year. A few freind are talking about going in the spring though. They were wondering how many mils of trails are in the WNF trail system. Thanks

Old 10-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer

Hey TRX
We will bedown at Wayne again at camp Ohio. I think we have eye balled each other a couple of times. We are the site right next to the so called stage. We will be in a black Dodge sport with a white enclosed trailer. Stop by and say high. We should have a good turn out for this one, alot of the club members should be comming down for this one.

Last cople of times we were down there we put on over 100 miles. Should be good and muddy this weekend with all the rain.

Hope to see you down there.
Brian

Old 10-16-2002, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Labs-- I'll look you up.
Monte---- There are 90 miles of trails. Lots of mud, and some good hills. Long Ridge is real technical, scary sometimes. Lots of off camber, rutted hills.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Idahoprairie

It can be a real pain, but it sounds like mine acted for the first 9 months of its life. Hard starting having to give it some throttle when starting, slow hard starts , eventually it will start to slober ,black smoke and on and on.
Choke sticks , every one has a certain degree of this.
I pulled the choke cables off, of mine , and put the plungers back in place to keep the water ,air and dirt out, backed them up with paper and silicone.
Now i start the kawi with five pumps of the primer , its located down by idle adjusment," its below freezing here". It starts pretty good compaired to what it was before, have to give it a little throttle when it fires, two or three burps on throttle, then it idles great. i never had it so good. walk away from it and let it warm up for a few minutes and then it works great. no problems.
Raymond

Old 10-16-2002, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

roscoe69, thanks for the tip. That sounds like what I'll do. I was worried that my thread would die once it was hijacked but your tip sounds golden. Thanks to the others who replied as well.

Old 10-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

try using the priming pump , it might be leaking down a little bit, i pump mine 2 or 3 times and hit the starter. and yes PREMIUM FUEL does make them run a bit better, at least my jetted 650...

now the important ?. did you get your elk?

Old 10-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

This is what I do when my 650 has been sitting a while and I know it may be hard to start/warmup. I turn the key on and also make sure the red kill switch is on. You will here a whine which is the fuel pump pressuring the system. I wait till it stops and then turn the key off and then on again. The fuel pump will run again. I do this sequence several times and it seems to make warmup shorter and starting easier. I guess running the fuel pump a few times before starting ensures the carbs are filled. Maybe its just coincidence, but this method seems to work for me.

Old 10-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

WOW--- Never thought/read to see if the carbs had a primer! DUH!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2002, 07:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: packardbell15
ur just wasting money with premium fuel
ive never heard of ppl having problems starting it
sometimes i leave the choke in on accident and it kills it
after all it was 5 degrees, sometimes you dont even need to give it gas when starting, just a lil choke
are u sure u tried everything?
Wasting money on premium fuel? Packardbell---read your owners manual.......

Chucky

Old 10-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

idahopraire,

Where were you for it to be only 5 degrees F? I was up hunting in the mountains near fairfield and it wasn't that cold. Alot of the water up there was froze along the ponds and streams. I think the quad riders out numbered the deer 10 to 1.

My brother in law has a '03 prarie 360 4x4 and his was not very easy to start either.

Quick Reply: HELP!! embarassed p650 rider.