Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Green Machine gave piped Raptors a spanking

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002 | 01:02 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Green Machine gave piped Raptors a spanking

Barlett- add a little p&p and 13.5 piston. This thing really hauls and is not far off pace with my CRF450. I'm not sure if it's hitting near 46hp, but it feels very ballsy. I've tried to call Laz today for 450 or something comparable to FST's 500 kit, but the line was busy everytime I called. Let me know how your HP turns out.

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WOW!!

Congrats Rod. Way to go.

I for one absolutely LOVE the KXF400, it looks tons better then the LTZ(yellow especially). I think Suzuki/Kawi has gota great motor their and will be a thorn in Raptors/DS's side for years to come. I also believe that the KXF motor will proove to be very reliable , even when modified. GOOD LUCK.

BIggerisbetter.

Old 10-23-2002 | 02:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Insecure? You're the one beating on your chest. Since you speak of MX racing frequently, just how have your CRF and the KXF been doing against the Raps on the track (although I do not feel the Raptor was made for MX racing)?

Old 10-23-2002 | 07:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

I simply came on here to tell the 400 will put a few lengths on piped and jetted Raptors for very little money AND you Rappy owners come on here crying with your B.S. "useless" imput.

The CRF and KFX are doing fine, the only Raptors on the MX tracks around here are beginners. Serious and more knowledgeable racers hardly use the Grizzly type handling and weight of the Raptor for MX. I've had 3 Raptors, 2 of them were set up for MX and were not near as competitive as most mild modded 400EX's on a MX track.

Old 10-23-2002 | 08:00 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Since I am getting older, the Raptor fits me perfect since its like the goldwing of sport quads.

RODSQUADS what do you mean by very little money?

Chet

Old 10-23-2002 | 09:56 PM
|
Pro Rider

Chet- very little money meaning just about the difference in cost of the Raptor and Z/KFX.

Old 10-24-2002 | 08:05 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Actually the Raptor wasn't really made by Yamaha to be a MX type machine. That will be for their aluminum chassis'ed sport machine with their new YZ450 motor. When that happens which it should be for 04 then things will change some.

Funny how everyone compares their Z400 to Raptors but none of them say how it compares to the Cannondales!!!!!

If I had to get one the KFX in the legendary Kawi green would be killer. Too bad Kawi just couldn't make their own instead of just putting new plastic on the Z400. Kawi is reaping the benefits as now I saw a knockoff of the DZR Enduro bike. Man that takes photo copying to a all new level.

Old 10-24-2002 | 08:38 PM
|
Pro Rider

Wyd- where have you been? We all have been comparing the Z/KFX to the Cannons since the Z first came out. Look in older Cannon pages on the magazine shootouts between the 2 quads. You will find many posts on this subject. Enjoy!

Old 10-24-2002 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Biggerisbetter,
You are such a butt kisser. LOL

Old 10-25-2002 | 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!

Hey man , gimme a break!

Seriously, though. I have met Rod, and know that he is not a bull$hiter,or a punk,and would never "dawg" any other machine to make his own sound better. He has owned them all!!!LOL. And he won't stop either.

But, to make you feel better Jbomb.......You have the "prettiest" Speed ever made!!LMFAO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Green Machine gave piped Raptors a spanking