Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave/Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave/Blaster

Love my 650...but it isn't the optimal jumping machine when I ride with friends who want to run on a track. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive second fun machine and have the opportunity to pick up a nearly new Blaster or Mojave. I see a lot of Blasters in my area but have only encountered one person riding a Mojave. Obviously you have the 2 vs 4 stroke thing working here...but I like the reverse on the Mojave and they "feel" right when you sit on 'em. I'm biased toward green...but will I be missing out on a lot of fun with the Blaster? Is the Blaster any quicker? Is the Mojave a decent jumper? Opinions from anyone who has ridden both would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mojave/Blaster

My brother had a Blaster a few years ago and I rode it quite a bit. I like my Mojave over the Blaster because the brakes are way better, reverse, 4 stroke and it seemed to ride better. The Blaster is quicker, lighter and has a huge aftermarket following so you can customize it in many ways. On the track the Blaster would be more fun. On tight trails I prefer the Mojave since you can lug it at lower RPM's and use reverse to back out of dead end trails.

Old 10-30-2002, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default Mojave/Blaster

Thanks for the input...I know I'll want to hit the wooded trails as well. I am also not sure I could live without reverse. Mojave will probably rule!

Old 10-30-2002, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mojave/Blaster

You can put disk brakes on the front of them from what I forget but it is simple, the new ones come eith front disk. A blaster is a quick machine my buddies wife will keep up with him faily well on his 300EX with a big bore kit on.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mojave/Blaster

Mojave all the way on this one. top speed is the same, 4strk ,reverse, good jumper, water cooled, reliable, great slider, great brakes and enough aftermarket to get by all make the mo the better choice. The headlight sux though.

Old 10-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mojave/Blaster

if you are a trail man get the moajve it will go throw mud and water better , when i had my 01 mojave I raced a stock blaser and i was stock at 1/2 mile I beat him! i also think if you are used to the size and comfort of the 650 its same way mojave style,
another thing is if you ride snow mud or trail you wan reverse and somthing that can get started easyer. I am 14 175lbs and I jump mojaves all the time because its one of the only things to do at the pits I do like the manuverability of the blaster but the mojave will not flip as easy because its wide and long unlike the blaser, in fact I am not trying to start nothing but I had a raptor 80 last year and it was like the same size as the blaser but it was a little crappy beat the he[[ out of 80 so i traded it in toward a mojave

Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mojave/Blaster

Looks like team green is the only way to go...must explain why there are so many Blasters for sale!

Old 10-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mojave/Blaster

this is kinda vague, but so is my memory......seems about three months ago either atv sport or dirtwheels did a test between the two. if you hit their sites i bet you'll find the test.

Old 10-31-2002, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mojave/Blaster

I thinkyou're right...I'll have to go digging around.

Old 10-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mojave/Blaster

i love my blaster and you got like the stroke power throw some pipes and new tires on and your set if you want more get porting and bigger carbs
the new 03 has disk brakes so i'm sure there good
and you can't beat the price