Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Home Brew Mojave intakes??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Brew Mojave intakes??

Tryin to come up with a way to get a more efficient air flow to the engine. Anyone have any good ideas? The stock snorkal will be used, just need to get a more efficent air flow!

So far, I was thinking clamp on style air filter, clamped to the carb, a box or tube enclosing that, running into that large black box under the seat. After that, eliminate the stock air box, and just run a piece of oblong pipe or hose and connect to the snorkal. Whaddya guys think? Any more ideas?

Old 10-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

you dont want the air box off? well if you dont ride in more than 2ft water you can drill holes in the air filter cover next to the filter , or I stiil ride some mud and water with my uni pod clamp stage-2 filter and it lets alot more than the stock assembley aned it will sty clean pretty much until it is ran under water they cost $11.99 in rocky moutain atv .com

Old 10-31-2002, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: albaBANSHE
you dont want the air box off? well if you dont ride in more than 2ft water you can drill holes in the air filter cover next to the filter , or I stiil ride some mud and water with my uni pod clamp stage-2 filter and it lets alot more than the stock assembley aned it will sty clean pretty much until it is ran under water they cost $11.99 in rocky moutain atv .com
Well, I have seen the effects of a hydrolocked engine, and with some of the trails I'll be riding, 2 ft of water is very possible!! I'm going to try and keep the stock intake, just free it up some, and that uni filter is what I was lookin for too. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2002, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well air box or no air box is totally owner prefference. I can see the good and bad, but I run none, with no ill affects. I will also give you a heads up, those lil squeeze deals to drain the air box, they will let the water suck up threw them. I found I run better in wet conditions with a clamp on than the air box, but what ever.

I have done some testing on the intake and carb. I made a vortex type swirl on the carb as well as the intake (one or the other not both) and it realy improves low end, but at the same time adds some to the hole rpm range. Alot like a power tower for trucks.

This theory has been used by myself and others in bike racing for years.

Old 10-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: gaff
Well air box or no air box is totally owner prefference. I can see the good and bad, but I run none, with no ill affects. I will also give you a heads up, those lil squeeze deals to drain the air box, they will let the water suck up threw them. I found I run better in wet conditions with a clamp on than the air box, but what ever.

I have done some testing on the intake and carb. I made a vortex type swirl on the carb as well as the intake (one or the other not both) and it realy improves low end, but at the same time adds some to the hole rpm range. Alot like a power tower for trucks.

This theory has been used by myself and others in bike racing for years.
You got any pics of this? I'm starting to lean towards a clamp on filter, but I just have my doubts about an open element filter on an off road vehicle.

If anyone has pics of the intake set up, post up or e-mail, I wanna see! Thanks.

hollis16@msn.com

Old 10-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drilled some holes in my airbox lid/cover last week.Need to re-jet now,it's too lean and I'm waiting on the dealer to call and tell me that my jets are in.