Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Fogging Glasses and Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogging Glasses and Goggles

Those of you located where it gets cold enough to have fogged glasses and goggles, how do you keep them from fogging as you breathe. I rode today almost blind.
Thanks.

Old 11-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Have had the same problem many times. I purchased a pair of the Pro-Grip goggles with anti fog and scratch resistant lens. Best goggles Ive ever had. Used them the end of last winter and all summer, they were very fog resistant and they still arent scratched to the point of not being able to see (even in bright sunlight). They were a little pricier than some others but very worth it. I think I paid somewhere in the mid 30$ range. I also got the yellow or High Def lense and I would recomend that to everyone also. Great in all situations during the daylight and they cut down on visibility very very little at night.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I, too, have a pair of the Pro Grip goggles. Yes, best pair of goggles I've ever had. I got the light sensitive lens. Work awesome going from woods to open, darken right up, you don't even notice 'till you take them off. They also work great at night. What ever you do don't try RainX Anti-fog. It just DON'T work. I've used baby oil. Works good. Also, I've hear of taking potato, cutting it in half, rubbing the white part on the lens and simply wiping it off with a rag. Don't wash off, just wipe off. Supp. to work real well. I guess, if I have, too many probs. this winter I'll try that.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Jeffoxser

I don't now what name brand they are but I use a double pane goggle that allows air to flow between face and lens not very much just enough to keep clear. I don't use any anti fog because it just coats the lens and you end up wiping in off anyway. There are 2 different types 1 has a strap to go around the helmet 2 has velcro straps attache to your helmet there by pulling off and hanging to one side not touching anything. When you are stopped you can pull either side off leaving the goggle to hang to the side allowing air to flow stopping your goggles from fogging up while stopped. I also wear my glasses underneath the goggles as I am travelling and haven't experienced any fogging untill I stop for any periond of time. I purchased my goggles from a sled shop that deals with cooler temperatures mine were 65 Canadian so probably 45 American but quality counts. Talk to the sled shops they won't stear you wrong.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Guys

Old 11-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

jeffoxsr,,I was in the same boat as you,as a snowmobiler.I can't see a lick without my glasses and even less when they fog up.I solved this problem by getting disposable contact lenses.They cost about 2 bucks a pair, you throw 'em in for a day of fun and toss 'em when your done.Just make sure you do wear goggles or a visor to keep mud out of your eyes.

Old 11-03-2002, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

If you do need to use an anti-fog the no fog cloths have worked well for me. I use them religiously. The key to success is to breathe on the lense to cause it to fog and then wipe it with the cloth. I rode in some pretty heavy rain a few weeks ago and I was sure glad I had it with me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2002, 01:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont know if anyone has actually seen it, but supposibly Fox makes something that goes over your mouth for their helmets.

I dont know if it works or not, but thats what Ive seen in their 02 catalog.

Old 11-03-2002, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

alltoys does the same thing i do. the goggles are scott OTG, and they have double lenses. cool.
the roko quick straps let ya pop your goggles lose easily and they hang on the side, so theydont
fog when youre stopped.
just watch the inner lens on those... it's really easy to scratch. the outer one is good tho.

Old 11-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

easy, buy oakleys.

Quick Reply: Fogging Glasses and Goggles