Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!

Hi Alltoys
I got your message on my voice mail but it broke up whem you left the phone number, drop me an e-mail
Bearman

Old 11-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Bearman I sent you an e-mail just had the day off and wanted to bounce some ideas off you because you are the GURU of the 650 world. Found out what I wanted to now by accident more or less LOL.

Oshawa, 3TV, Mich660, Mastrblastr, Roscoe69------

About the only thing that isn't tweaked is the wifes Jeep she wont let me touch it not even to change oil she takes it to a lube place drives me crazy. The only reason I'm on the forum today is she wont let me in the shop something about I have done enough this weekend. Since I have some time to kill I am going to see if I can make my furnace more effiecent.

Oh yeh you guys might find this interesting, in my Dodge 1 ton I have a 7.3 litre Cummins not a 5.9L with a few modds I am putting 425hp to the ground all low end torque. OOH OOH OOH OOH how does Tim Allen do that? Take care have fun.

Old 11-11-2002, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my thoughts you may already know.

Your turbo is spooling up too slow,need a smaller one.

You need to watch the rpm at which you inject the nos,too low and you'll break a piston or bend the rod.I would consider 3000 rpm the minimum.plus you need extra gas to go with the nos.

Are you getting any detonation?Gotta watch that...bad news.A heat exchanger is possible but probly takes up too much room,try water injection?

hth

Old 11-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Chris 142

What you said pretty much hit it right on the nail head. The turbo is spooling to slow so I am trying to find a shop that can install different vanes to bring speed up. The extra gas is so far handled by dial a jets, timeing is advanced by 6 degrees and compression is dropped to 8-1. I was impatient to see how the turbo would work initially although it spooled slow I had the idea to inject nos at a lower rate from 1500-3000rpm have it cut off then the turbo would take over. This actually worked very well but the result was it still took 5 seconds to reach max rpm and speed. The functionality of it was there was no detonation at lower rpms and no detonation on the top end so that was okay. What I want is to have max rpm and speed in 3 seconds or there abouts. I have that now or at least in the future once I put her all back together. If I keep the turbo on the bike have it set at 8psi whitch works very well and have the nos as little boost on the top end when ever I need it this will be an excellent combination. At 30% nos and turbo at 5000rpm I was at 96.2 horsepower according to my make shift dyno. I can't tell if this is accurate as all shops are busy with sleds and for them to change their dynos it would take 3-4 hours and I am not prepared to pay 150 an hour for what would take 15 minuites for a run.

I am a biginner in this area the only information I can get is from power sled shops and they are all 2 stoke motorheads. The only way I can attain any information from any manufacuturer is to buy their product first and ask questions later and far as I am concerned that is a crappy way of doing business. I would rather them say to me I can't help you and hopefully pass me on to someone who can help. I am always looking for ways and means of doing things if you have any information I can use please PM me maybe I can help you as well.

Old 11-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

ALLTOY'S:
Not to make you concerned...but you are probably suffering from (and enjoying every minute of it) a rare kind of disease called "Kawapowa addictitus"...it's an addiction to Kawasaki's massive power output. You have by far the most severe case on record and for that my man..." ALL HAIL ALLTOY'S"!!! LMFAO HARD!!! Oh, and if you want to spend more time in the garage...send your wife to a "Fantasia" party...they sell sex toys, and with your ability to modify everything you touch...you can modify some of her toys and she won't even know your out in the garage.HaHa.! By the way I installed the black spring the weekend and adjusted the belt...it wheelies much easier now and my belt has that nice subtle sqeel at idle...so she's tight...and I LIKE TIGHT!!! My tires will be on hopefully by weeks end...so I can give mother nature an overdue facelift!!! Good luck with the rebuilding.

ROB

Old 11-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visit your local hot rod shops.They have many books about nos and turbo's ect.They are for larger engines like cars but the principle is the same.

I bet that turbo really spooled up when ya hit the nos! Remember that when nos burns it creates oxygen,Oxygen that didn't pass through the carb.(Thats why you need extra gas).which goes out the exhaust pipe to your turbo,that was spinning 20,000 rpm....suddenly it gets a whole bunch of exhaust and it takes off up to 100,000 rpm!

You are running syn oil right?

I'll sleep on it and see what other ideas I can pass by you. Heehee!

Old 11-11-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

chris142, nitrous oxide does not burn, mybe you were thinking of nitromethane?

Old 11-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys,

Sorry to hear about your problems, we've got tranny problems of our own on one of our bikes, will need to take the tranny out to see what's wrong. There is no High gear and you have to hold the shifter ahead to stay in low. This happened while in low gear so it's strange we lost high gear. We've tried to adjust linkage, doesn't work.

Is the problem that you had inside you rear end or did the axle break. I'm curious because if we pull the motor and tranny on the bike that broke, we are thinking of putting in a 800 two stroke motor in, so we could run in the modified class, as opposed to the improved classes we run in now. The motor we would put in would put out well over 200 hp. I'm concerned that the rear drive line may not stand the extra horse power, (we wouldn't use the front wheel drive). Let me know if you find anything stronger or better.

What is the land speed record for an ATV? hummm, let me see, 200 hp divided by 600 lbs = ?? hp per lb

Is it a waste of time, any thought's from anyone.

Old 11-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Shotgun

My gears in the rear diff were fine it was the worm gears in the trany that went and they only pushed the outside wear of the gear so if need be it will still work. I am going to machine a titanium rear axle and worm gears. My problem was that there was such sever torque between front to back the piston came out of the shock in a hurry and the motor transferred more torque to the rear axle and of course it couldn't handle it and twisted the axle something terrible. The inside of the rim on the right rear side almost rubs against the gas tant not a good thing the left side is almost as bad. I actually straightened the axle today on the 50 ton press. By the end of next week I will have my parts machined ready for installation.

I think if I do this again I will mount my rear axle and carrier stiff with no movement what so ever block the swing arm firm thereby putting more torque to the ground and more speed.

For your other bike I wonder if there are any sincros involved or maybe a counter shaft may have a bad bearing this is also possible. I think it will be minor at least replaceable let me now how it went.

Old 11-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys,

Thanks for the infro. Hopefully that all that happened to ours. (worm gear).

You need to back off alittle, while your still alive, "two foot flame coming out of exhaust"???

Every day on these forums I expect to read, "well ALLTOYS finally did it, he got his jettison pack working, his wife reports last seeing him at around 20,000 feet and climbing, she reports the sound barrier was broken, may he rest in peace".

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

By the way, how much are those jettison packs anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

have fun

Preditor pulling Team!

Quick Reply: Bent, Twisted, Snap-------oh MY!!!!