Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got Torque?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Torque?

Hey Alltoys.
I'm running dyno-jet kit. 130 front & 134 rear with needle on the 4th notch. Are you saying that I should use the different jets and stock needles or just the jets?
Same question from me, Alltoys. See my sig, already have the pipe, springs, airbox mods (5 - 1 inch holes). No DG snorkle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Torque?

Oshawa, Nova

Personally I would go with the original Kawi jets you had in the quad from the start. You picked the bike up with a rich setting already soon as you open the air box and played with the muffler you leaned out the bike which is okay this is probably close to peak fuel enrichment. I beleive the largest jets in the stage one kit are 134 and 136 these are one size smaller in volume than the original 138 and 142 from Kawi. For the heck of it go back to the original jets and needles as these needles will only work with the Kawi jets you will have to play with the airscrew settings as different altitudes, humidity all play a part in the correct setting. Now check your settings by way of sparkplug test. The best way I have found to do a sparkplut test is to find a spot or place so you can run at 3/4 throttle for for 1 mile at the end of the mile hit your shut down button keeping your throttle at 3/4 untill full stop with moderate bracking. Let go of throttle and turn off ignition. On the same spot take out new sparks and check the color of the element. A straw color is the best of course black you are over fueling. Oh by the way you do not have to shim kawi jets not like dynos.

Lets take this one step further, how do I now what size of jet to go to?? Keep going up in jets untill you start to overfuel or turn the sparks black. Then go one size down that simple. If you are set on the dyno flow jets do the same thing but get a stage 2 set before you attempt it and make sure you use the 4th notch. No matter what you do and how you do it kawi jets will give you more punch out of the hole guaranteed