Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dirt Wheels Article:

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Wheels Article:

I got my new dirtwheels a few days ago and saw their article about the Rincon, Grizz, and Prairie. It showed the Prarie just OWNING them in a drag and it's front tires were coming off the ground in loose dirt. NiCe Job Kawasaki [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Its just sickening, isn't it? Those other quads didn't even have a chance.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Be nice that is like pickin on the handicaped [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have nothing against the 650. In fact I think its an awesome machine. However, going fast, and getting to where you are going are very different things! I had a chance to ride with a 650 Prarie this last weekend.It was the first time. I will be the first to agree with all you performance fans, the machine is a brute! I managed to stay pretty close to him the whole day, but I was clearly not as fast.

On the other hand, I was leading the ride that day and was able to make it everywhere I pointed my quad that day on the first try. My buddy on the Prarie had to take multiple tries on more than a few trails. He never got stuck, but he didn't shine either! While the Prarie was an awesome flat track performance machine, he held no advantage on the trail. In fact he fell short of the mark on a few occasions!

The main reason the Prarie didn't "shine" was because he had stock tires, and the fact that the rider wasn't able to respond fast enough to the "I need both front wheels" lever fast enough. Give the man a "lock" to keep the front end working without constant rider input, and the story may have been different.

Rick

Old 11-26-2002, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

you may have found that you would have been able to go all the same places on the 650. You are probably a better rider than he was. As far as the "yellow lever" goes, it has its pros and cons. You are right that it cannot be locked in, but I have found that I rarely need it. When it is necessary, it is nice to be able to grab it without having to stop and engage it. My only complaint with the 650 is its lack of ground clearance (comparatively).

Old 11-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pcpacker
you may have found that you would have been able to go all the same places on the 650. You are probably a better rider than he was. As far as the "yellow lever" goes, it has its pros and cons. You are right that it cannot be locked in, but I have found that I rarely need it. When it is necessary, it is nice to be able to grab it without having to stop and engage it. My only complaint with the 650 is its lack of ground clearance (comparatively).
Ditto! Word for word.

Andy G