Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

pipe lacking cdi.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pipe lacking cdi.

Good Evening Everyone

I am a recent owner of a new 03 650, also new to atv's, WOW I cannot believe a big sport 4X4 can kick but like this, I even talked my Dad into getting one, may be a little much for him but it is amusing watching him hang on.

My question for everyone is should I wait until after the new CDI is avaible before I invest the money to buy a pipe, would it be obsolete after I put in the new CDI if I bought a pipe now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ps.

Sorry for the blank post, trying to do this from work and the boss was standing behind me, so in panic I just started closing this before I had a chance to type anything, I have to keep the job just so I can pay for my new toy.

Old 11-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

Hey bubba,
I ride a 650 and have for almost two years. I will be 70 years young shortly and I betcha I've been places and done things with mine that might curl your hair or cause little round holes in the seat of your 650. So don't think your dad is too old for having fun on a 650. Please ride carefully but with style and vigor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

The CDI will only inhance the power of the pipe not make it obsolete. If you can afford both then hell yah go for it!

Old 11-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good Afternoon
Thanks for the reply, I'm not going to wait for the cdi, I'll be buying a pipe and snorkel ahead of time. I'll leave the jetting until I get the new CDI...I believe with the snorkel it should lean it down a bit, seems like the 650 are set up a little rich from the factory.

Hey BeeGee and Ross650
Glad to see you guy's out, Hope you didn't think I was making a dig at the older riders, I only hope I can still be riding as well as my Dad at his age. He actual beat me by a hair in a race down the road, I'm much heaver then he is (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I think he was a little faster pounding the throttle, I guess I did under estimate him.

Happy trails
Bubba650r