Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Learned from my mistake

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learned from my mistake

Jerry is 100% right. I think he has gone out of his way to address the issue, and we need to all move on. Jerry, again, you are right on the mark. You have addressed this and stood up. Way to go.

Chucky

Old 12-27-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

jerry at least send the guy a bunch of free stickers or sumthin... geez.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

MY TWO CANADIAN CENTS (1 CENT AMERICAN!) I think everyone who has read this has learned something. Mistakes can be made and judgement and timing both need to be brought to mind whenever ordering anything overnight or within a set time frame. Although the order was placed late on a friday before the week of christmas and a very busy weekend, both parties should have realized the timing of such an order and the delivery time was not feasible. But promisses were made and not followed through and I can understand how a consumer can become upset at the outcome but what do you do. I only wish more retailers took the courtesy and time to explain themselves such as the co-owner of Bert's Dirt Works Did. Only he should have done it immediately after it was found that the order could not be filled within the specified time frame not make the guy wait until the day the stuff was supposed to arrive that it wasn't going to make it. That definetly would set me off the same way!!

Old 12-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bert, How much is that Ramsey 3000? I am currently shopping that winch for the best price and am planning on purchasing shortly. You can either post here or email me. PS do you have a website? Thanks

Old 12-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

YoeSeaOh,

Please feel free to email me at jerry@bertsdirtworks.com and I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks
Jerry

Old 12-28-2002, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

You know, you always here about stuff like this happening to people. It always seems to happen to me or someone I know. Until now the only person it has really affected is the consumer because they do not have a channel to voice their opinions and problems. Retailers are going to have to pay close attention to each customer that they upset. We all know that everyone likes to get on forums like this one and tell their buddies and fellow riders what's best, who's best and who's not. As a result, we will begin to have a voice, and maybe then they'll start to pay attention.

Old 12-28-2002, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

goggle-eyed

You live in america baby...capitalist all the way. If they cant provide what you need and expect then someone out there will. Bert's are sorry they could not meet your expectations = Berts are sorry.

SuperMag425

Now I just know what i have read from this thread. My take...working in the business environment myself. Someone gave Bert's the oppurtunity to earn there business...an oppurtunity a hundred others are spending a ton in advertising to have. Berts, for whatever EXCUSE, failed to meet customer expectations, whether they didnt know their sales trends and was overwhelmed by the christmas rush, or didnt have a clue to what his distributors were doing, whatever...didnt meet customer expectations bottomline...failed to provide the heads up the customer asked for ...and then Berts refused to take a loss because they determined it wasnt responsable to meet the predetermined arrangements...Berts would rather have the customer go without (or wait) and be ticked off expecting him to take their nice guy apology then miss profit margin...big mistake. Basic business rule... one dissatisfied customer will tell another and they will tell another...and so on...this came to light back in the 20s when internet wasnt invented...now you tick one customer off and he has access to 100s in minutes...I LOVE IT. You can come on here and say you apologized and the customers expectations where to high...you will get a few sympathy hurrays...but it is now embedded in several ATV enthusiasts minds that you chose not to live up to your end of the bargain when an atv enthusiast offered you his business ... by chosing your company he had to go without or miss his deadlines because you felt a couple hundred was more important then maintaining your companies reputation. I personally think he labeled correctly. You failed him...he didnt fail you...in fact he contacted you to provide you an oppurtunity to make it right...he could have packed it in right there. His money was there and ready...living up to his end. You come on here and are upset he is name calling...probably just as upset as he was when he didnt have his gear as expected or was told he would. I could see you questioning him if he wanted if for free...but he just wanted you to get him the items within the timeline he previously identified as important to you and you told him you would. Play this scenerio out...you had busted your tail, spent the money and got him his items out at the $250 cost...you would have still made a sale at a time where you no doubt had a good cash flow because you were so busy from the christmas rush...right...in turn, his thread to this board would have probably been down the line of "got some great gear from Berts...love it...berts took good care of me...they had a hiccup with their distributor and sent it overnight to ensure they took the proper care of me...I am very impressed with Berts"...pretty good advertisement for $250. You need to be taking a good look at this as a learning experience rather then coming on here and trying to shame him for voicing his opinion on your customer care. Like i referenced above...in the business world if your sorry...your sorry.

Old 12-30-2002, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

ya you tell them

Old 12-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Say what you wanna. I am going to give Berts another chance. I think everyone deserves that! Especially around Christmas.

Supermag, I will call you later!

Old 12-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Bosox, I hear that!!!! You hit it right on the money. If you are in the "customer service" business, you better deliver----no excuses.

Goggleyed, you got my vote. I have ordered computer parts online and have had a similar experience. By the time my parts arrived, I sent them right back and told them to pound sand. If a company says parts are going to be there on a certain date, they should be there.

Supermag, I'm glad to see you got a pair on ya. To get slammed by goggleyed like ya did took *****, but at least you replied and took it like a man. Lets face it--you deserved it, but you definitely got my respect. I think you'll see that a lot of guys will have the same attitude. If I lived in the States, I'd probably do business with you now that I've seen the whole story. I hope this has been a learning experience for all of us, either consumer or distributor.

Quick Reply: Learned from my mistake