Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

OK, anyone got a 6-disc changer on their prairie? :-)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, anyone got a 6-disc changer on their prairie? :-)

That might be a little far fetched, but has anyone hooked up any type of riding/water resistant stereo setup for their atv? Whether it's a sports walkman mounted with speakers or car stereo, whatever. Just interested in hearing if anyone figured a way out to take tunes out with you on your ride...? How about your dog? LOL

Old 12-29-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Sony Walkman Net MD player that I take with me as it works just fine and has G Shock protection

Old 12-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

I'm trying to put something together, I've had a few ideas but i think i might be going with a cheap mp3 player so it doesn't skip, enclosed in a box with a marine speaker, trying to make it easily removable so you can leave it by the fire while you go for a ride. My friend says he might be able to wire it so its runs off of a small separate battery , and then when you plug it in to the atv it charges.

Just my ideas so far.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I was on Royal Distributing's website and they have a rear seatbox that has locations for speakers built right into their box. Throw in a shock resistant CD player and some marine speakers and you are good to go!

Old 12-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I took a cheap set of head phones! and modded them to fit inside of my helment where your ears go! and it has work very well for me!

Old 12-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Collett hands free helmet radio. Although I don't use this option, there is a second jack for input from any music source (cassette, disc etc.) It's set up for the music to be overrided if you have an incoming or outgoing transmission. Uses the same speakers inside the helmet as the radio.

Jaybee

Old 12-30-2002, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have a long-haired miniature Dachshund that I have carried in a small Kennel Cab with some padding in it strapped to the front rack where I can see how she's doing. She enjoys it as long as I take it easy.
The stereo idea might be O.K. when you're parked, but the ATVs usually make enough noise without a stereo going to choke up others that are out to enjoy the peace and quiet of the trails. The headset idea would be good. We don't need to give anyone more ammunition to ban ATV's (just my opinion).

Old 12-30-2002, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

Guys, not sure if you ever thought about this or seen it before. We've always made them for when we go tubing on the river.

Get a medium size ice chest (one big enough for a battery) and install the radio/cd player or whatever you want in the ice chest... Just cut the mounting holes and install the speakers in the top or sides of it... You can easily strap it down to a tube or racks or whatever...

Really simple and works effectively. It will usually float correctly in the water, due to weight of battery in the bottom and it being in a plastic ice chest.

Just something I figured I'd share with you all.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

jsc, thats a good idea, but dont know if my 120lb rottweiler would fit in a little cage on the front racks =] wish there was a way I could take him riding with me, but doubt it. Oh well, not a big deal.

good ideas guys. I'm going to look into some sort of headset deal...don't want to disturb others out for peace and quiet (peace and quiet on atv's? lol). I wonder if any of the rappers have chrome 20" rims on their atv's with 12" subwoofers and amps built into them for heavy hitting bass? LOL They've got tv's in the headrests of bentley convertibles, I wouldn't put it past them, lol.

Old 12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Lightman, I got a friend of mine that takes his golden retreiver with him all the time. He made a plywood box with sides about 10 inches high. Put some old **** carpet in the bottom of the box so her claws have something to dig into to keep her in place. She jumps in that box as soon as he fires his wheeler up!! She absolutely loves it and that box keeps her nice and snug. It's hilarious to see him blasting along a trail with his dog in that box on the front rack with her tongue hanging out!

Quick Reply: OK, anyone got a 6-disc changer on their prairie? :-)