Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Cargo Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cargo Box

Happy New Year all!

I just put on the Kawasaki cargo box that I got for Christmas. I think it looks great. Take a look.

New Cargo Box

Does anyone else have this box? I read somewhere that it needs a little silicone to be completely watertight. I'm looking forward to filling it with all the necessary trail supplies!

Old 01-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Cargo Box

the box looks awesome, probably the one I want to get too. How did you mount it? What was included with the box?

Old 01-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Cargo Box

It mounts w/two u-bolts and 4 wing nuts. Pretty simple, clamps around outside of rack. Didn't come w/much just hardware kit. I bought a rubber mat that goes inside it, but it appears to be pretty worthless. They make a foam insert that allows you to pack your gear w/o it sliding around. But I didn't order that.

Old 01-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Range Rover
Default New Cargo Box

I have both the front and rear cargo box from Kawasaki, which I purchased when the bike was new. They have never leaked any water into either case. Have about 1,000 miles on the bike and have been over most types of terrain and riding conditions. Both cases have lasted for a year and they still look like new. Very glad that I went with these cases.

I also got the pad for the bottom. Helps to keep stuff from some sliding as has a textured finished rather than the slick finish of the box.

Mounted mine with the u-bolts plus also used the bolts that the other plastic rack was bolted into. Used 2 u-bolts and 2 other bolts.

Have just changed as added rack extension so that external gas tank would be more securely mounted. Cargo Box is now mounted to the rack extension. Will post some pictures later.

Safe Riding.