Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lakota people- whats the truth

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lakota people- whats the truth

Got a braek.
About that reliabillity. I have even run my kota on alchy at times, real cool to I might add. Never had a problem alchy or gas.

Another graet mod is removing the stock air box and going with a clamp on filter, helps a good bit.

I also run the mojave 34mm carb on mine now, this works very well also.

But basicly you have to start with pipe, jetting, filter, and gearing. After that you have to beef up the clutch and get some tires.

I also have a cam wich I don't use any more. Webb cam 40b grind, another nice mod for $115.

Man, can't realy think of anything else off the top of my head. But if you have some questions on certain things just fire away, believe me I'm sure I tried it.

Old 01-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the teck. tips. I will have to try most of it.Its good to finaly talk to people who have done this stuff rather than people who keep telling me"it SHOULD work , I THINK." I thought I was being to ruff with it, but it sounds like you all ride it like it begs to be riden too!

LisaG: I have riden the crapp out of it every day for the last week and a half. Its pretty dirty. Its ben cold here in K.C. so I havent had a chance to clean it up realy good for pics. Today is supose too be real nice, so I woke up this morning with the intension of fliping the front wheels and getting pics. Cant weight to show it off, I havent seen another like it, even close. I got some great shots of it over eight feet in the air (we measured it) this week but nothing of it on the ground. Trust me, when I do get pics. this will be the first place they go!!

Wish me luck on fliping the tires today!

thanks people, keep talking to me and letting me know your out thier.

Old 03-14-2003, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Murphyslaw,

I am looking at getting a Lakota and live in the KC area. Are there any good public trails in our area?

Thank you,

Dan Forster

Old 03-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Gaff,
Where can I get a K&G Factory clutch.
Also, if you can answer. I just got a Supper trapp isdII and am going to order the jet kit and the K&N filter and the sproket. What jet do you recomend and the positioning of the pin as well. I live in New York State to give you an idea of weather conditions, if that matters. Is the any differance on the K&N power kit and buying the Jet kit and Filter kit sperately(other that the cleaner and fitler oil)
Lastly, when I go to drill the carb for the jet kit, any thing i need to look for so I dont screw it up.
If any one else can give input, it would be wellcomed.

Thanks

01 Lakota Sport

Old 03-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

mike,

I'm all the way over in singapore now but found some internet to rent, so I'm not ignoring you.

The kit comes with a outer wares as well. I bought the filter and jet kit from rockymountainatv.com and then bought the outerwares for 10 bucks and still saved 20 bucks.

The instructions to the jet kit are perfect and easy except for the main jet size. The kit calls for a 138 main but as my self and every one here has found the 134 does the best.

Atleast pull your front hood off and look under it. You will find a snorkle cap rivveted there, remove it. But a clamp on is the only way to go truthfully.

With the added mods you will be very impressed over the stock power.

I'll log on as I caN BUT IF NOT GIVE ME A COUPLE DAYS TO GET BACK TO YOU.

GAFF

Old 03-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Singapore?? What ya doin' there, Gaff? How's everything been? Seen anything interesting out there in the water? We need to get in touch! Post back when I can.

Old 03-21-2003, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Gaff,
Thanks for the info, get back to me on the rest if you can. I am ordering the jet kit and filter tommorow. I should get it in a week, and i will let you know how i make out.
Meanwhile, have a good trip and get back safe.
Mike

Old 03-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey drforster, let me know if you get your Lakota. I have a '01 Lakota and live in KCKS, would like to get together and ride sometime. Doug

Old 03-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For you KC guys, check out the forum called "where to ride." Its a good sorce for info. In it you will find a post called Northland Riders and MO spring ride. I think we cover just about every place to ride.

Old 03-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

murphyslaw - Did you decide to do the mods or not.
Lisa

Quick Reply: Lakota people- whats the truth