Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The noise

Last week i got set up to haul a sleigh full of kids, i figured at slow speeds the fumes and the pressure of the straight back exhaust ( as i read here not long ago , shotgun going off in a guys face) needed some mods. I put a 6" stove elbow over muffler and out too the side. Well a mod muffler 7 @1/2" holes and a 1 5/8" exit is loud. I never knew that it was that loud untill i got the report first hand, hearing the quad at a distance and idling sounds great. Im glad i saved the stock tailpiece in case i have to put it back on.Good thing i never ride in parks etc. In fact i dont think there are any noise restrictions here.

Old 01-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

A whole pile of us went out riding last night. We had a hoot!! It was snowing like a full blown blizzard, but we didn't care. Got home at 2:30 this morning. Anyway, we had a huge bonfire and a couple of guys wanted to take the 650 for a rip. I didn't realize how loud it was with the modded muffler!! After they all took it for a tear, they told me to show them what this thing would do. I was ripping it up pretty good, carving off some wicked wheelies off of a small irrigation ditch (only place ther was no snow). Got a little carried off with the throttle and could feel it was gonna go over backwards. However, I have a gas can holder mounted to the back rack. My 650 was standing right on it's tail, but it didn't go over!! Looked pretty cool with it standing there with me still on it. Of course, one of the guys there had a video camera, but do you think he was taping right then? I coulda been $10,000 richer!

Old 01-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

Mastrblastr

Or 10 feet under!!!!!! Wifey would be rich?

Old 01-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

Mastrblastr
We went out for a ride today -20 c with a gale force wind, thought i was gonna freeze to death. Wished i had installed my thumb warmer.
we went about 25 km and that was enough , damn rough out there.
Good thing that you had your training wheels on , was your wife with you? and did she rip a strip off you?

Old 01-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

Ya, I need a thumb warmer too. My hands were fine, but my thumb was freezing. Gonna get one pretty quick. They only cost $20. No, wife wasn't with me. She woulda just laughed anyway. No injuries=tons of laughter!!

Alltoys, I wasn't going fast enough to get hurt. Even if the thing woulda went over, it wouldn't have hurt too bad!!!

Old 01-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

I guess the real trick about getting hurt is to get going about 70 to 80 miles a hour then doing a endo.
I believe there are people that are around here that are trying to achieve this.
After all, any of us can do a simple wheelie that gets out of control and get hurt.
The trick is getting the quad to go that fast.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default The noise

Fast is cool, Mastrblastr its that split second when you know you have done something you shouldn't have and come out on top that would be a KODAK MOMENT. You had one if not a few that you are not sharing. I had one when one when my shock went balistic and no I did not leave an impression of a star fish on the seat as Scootdog implied LOL. We must have fun musn't we????