Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ITP Holeshot ATR Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Holeshot ATR Tires

How are these tires holding up? Anyone tried them on hardpack, rocks, lite mud?

I am thinking about getting a set but would like to know how they perform.

Old 01-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Range Rover

They are a great trail tire. They do well in most conditions, even snow up to about 6-7 inches. They are not a mud tire. If its a trail tire you are looking for, I think you will like them. They really hook up well.

Old 01-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the stuff I ride, they have been great. They will definitely give the bike a more sporty ride. I have done several posts on these. Maybe search ATR and you can find some details.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know how much they weigh? How much heavier than stock?

Old 01-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to know how much the tires weigh also.

Old 01-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set but am not running them now. I will switch to them after spring breakup. They suck in deep snow and arnt much good in the mud. But come summer they will be great we have alot of hardpack and rocks. I have them mounted on the stock rims and run Mudlites on ITP C Series rims in the winter.That way I can take both sets wen I am at a new area .No one tire can do it all.But for hardpack and were you live I think they will be a great choice.

Old 01-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

jjs3788:

Nice pics! Love the wheelies!

How do you find the ride and steering of the ATR's compared to your stockers?

Thanks

Mark

Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

ITP ATR's are about 5 lbs per tire heavier than the stock Dunlops, I think that the 25" Mudlites are a little lighter than that but we're talking about two different types of tire.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

goattrotter, thanks. I love the way they handle. The only negative that I noticed was when cornering hard I get a little more front end dive than before, at least it seems that way. I think its just because the old stock 2 ply tires would roll under so the bike didnt dive as much. I kind of expected this though. I plan on getting the progressive suspension so it should be real nice after that. If you are thinking of getting a set of these, I would say yes, do it. I havent had a chance to go anywhere to get them up to high speed yet, but since they are radials Im sure they will be fine.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

just got back from a ride with two other 650's. They both had stock tires, (newer ones) and winches. ( they needed the winches). There was about 8" of fresh new snow and I never realized what a differance tires can make until now. There were a couple of steep hills that they flat out could not get up. In fact one of the about rolled when he went up a hill and slid down it backwards faster they he went up it. I then gave it a try. Went ride up it. we then used my bike as a point to hook up the winches to get them up it. This happened 3 times. Now I will be the first to say that there are better tires for the snow, and I'll I have to say is let's see you hang with me on a trail! Because there is not a better trail tire on the planet. I only wish they were cheaper.

Quick Reply: ITP Holeshot ATR Tires