Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V 700 at Edmonton Bike show This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V 700 at Edmonton Bike show This Weekend

The 700 will be at the Edmonton bike show this weekend for those of you might be close enough to come and have a gander.

Wapper, Roscoe69 if you are interested let me know I will meet you some place we can oogle and ogle together. Wifey is not a machine nut so I guess I will have to go by myself......heavy sigh?!!!!

Old 01-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

hi alltoys, this is for the guys who can't make Edmonton, there will be 2 motorcycle shows in my area , 1 at the Novi expo center, in novi ,michigan. on Feb 7-9 .http://www.ismi.com/noviexpo/events/60day.cfm ,and the Cobo hall in Detroit, mich. feb 14-16. I am hoping to see the new 700 in person at one of these shows.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 01-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys
Yes i will be there , probably around 10:30 - 11:00am saturday . wife will be there too. A friend is going to dolly off a load of lumber in edmonton in morning so we will drive tractor down to agricom. Will keep a eye out for you. I dont mean to be stuned but what 700 are you talking about, im going to see the suzuki [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] had a birthday today , the mind is the first thing to go , thank heaven.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to got to Edmonton for the show but I have to work. Hopefully it will come to Calgary and I may be able to catch it then.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Roscoe69

Sounds great I will be there around that time also will watch for you I will hang around the ticket area close to the food court.

Swampdonkey

To bad you can't make it up this way I am sure the Calgary one will be almost as good LOL. At least it's warmer in Calgary. Maybe see you another day I am going on a quad ride to Medicine Lake on the 25 that is not to far from you just north of Rocky by 33km.

Yetti

From what I hear the bike show in the expo centre is great when that time comes around take some pics show us the size of the centre so we can drool from out west.

Old 01-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

Swampdonkeykiller
There was a calgary show last weekend, looks like you missed it.
i would have gone to calgary but got tied up.
Alltoys dont wait for me , i see its raining here this morning and its freezing, i will catch up to you later.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Roscoe69

I looked for you didn't see you so I went in there was a lot of Harley stuff there, Honda of course, Yamaha, all the big guys. Boss Hoss was there too, V8 bikes and trikes an awsome site.

I have a few pitcures of the V700 I will try to put on my signature for any who are interested.

Will try to catch you some other time Roscoe have fun.

Old 01-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Alltoys.
Did you manage to pick up any scoop on the 700 that we didn't already know Or did they brush you off? One more thing. Did you hear any rumers on what we might expect to see later this year from any of the manufacturers?
R.
ps. Had any snowball fights lately?lol.

Old 01-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Oshawa

From the dealers at the show they didn't want to say anything about the 700 mostly I think they haven't a clue. I did put my order on a green one for march. One fellow I was talking to said there is an updated CVT comming for the 650 and the 700 already has it. I did manage to take off the cover of the CVT and I did see a chrome shaft on the front drive which mine doesn't have and the front sheaves are shinier than mine. That's as close as I got before one of the floor guys made me put the cover back on. This is not official but I hear the CVT is being looked at and there is new trial CVTs out there being tested. Will Kawi make an announcement they screwed up I don't think so, they will quiety replace the squeeky wheel first that is my impression. I have changed my front sheaves along with the shaft some time ago as I thought this was a problem to begin with and since I changed those out I have had no problem. The black spring is a definate help, change a couple things on the front and that should do it.

A dual exhaust can be ordered from factory but not on the first run not till next year or late this year. It will also fit on the 650 with some work although it doesn't add to performance. Another thing of note is the muffler 700 isn't as wide as the 650 and not as long. The poor guy on the floor was watching me pretty close after I put the cover back on LOL

Soon as the 700 comes out there will be lots of goodies that will out as well, longer A arms, rims, steering damper, mostly performance stuff it should trickle down to us.

I have pictures of the 700 but I don't know how to load them to my page. If anyone can help I would really like to share these pics with you.

Old 01-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hi i have a 650 and me clutch is gone at 4500 km im havent it replaced , should i get this black spring that i here so much about?

Quick Reply: V 700 at Edmonton Bike show This Weekend