Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

rincon or prairie 650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon or prairie 650?

I also take offense to you calling me inexperienced there Rincon
Well if a IRS quad feels tippy to you than yes, i do consider you "inexperienced"

I have ridden them all, sp700, sp500, p650, Rubicon................... and i can handle them. Also i have ridden MX 250's and others.

Don't get mad ya Flammer

Old 01-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

You call the Hummer a true offroad 4x4. Yes, the military version not the yuppie suburban version. The most that will see is maybe popping a curb every now and then at the grocery store parking lot.

If you think the IRS is more stable on off-camber situations then I don't know what else to tell you. The rincon may feel fine to you on off camber but a solid axle is more stable on off-camber than the IRS.

Once again it is all in personal preference. I see alot of good stuff in here on issues, but it all boils down to riding them and buying what YOU like not what someone else says you should like.

I believe this post was DRG's so let's not stray from course for that matter. If you have issues then use the PM feature.

Old 01-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Nicely put. But the whole reason he came here was to get opinions, that one of the purpose's of the forum. I still think IRS is more stable in off chambers. Some of them are not because most IRS quads are very tall, and in the grizz's case narrow. The Rincon isn't that tall, and is very wide and stable looking. IRS also keeps the quad more level in uneven terrain, so i think the Rincon would be more stable, NOT SAYING THE P650 ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

rincon

Stable looking? You mean you've been argueing that the rincon is the better machine because it is "STABLE LOOKING"?
I think you are the one that needs to ride these machines more before you decide on the better machine. Maybe you will then be able to offer something a little stronger than "STABLE LOOKING"!

I am a very experianced rider and I would take my p650 any day on off-camber riding over an IRS machine. But then again, I may not be AS EXPERIANCED as you!

Old 01-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

There you go, now you understand! Very Good, i give you an A++

BTW 49 posts, Very impressive!

Old 01-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Range Rover

Who gives a F#&K if he only has so many posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! That doesn't convey ANYTHING about his experience! At least half of your posts are for s$%t anyways Rincon! So what does that say?

Old 01-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

A good friendly debate/discussion is always welcome. However we need to realize that such a debate or discussion can only be carried on by reasonable people. Rincon (much like the ATV he choose to name himself after) is all flash and no substance. He enjoys to stir the terds.

DRG. ride em both... you'll know which one is best for you.

Old 01-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

I just had to add, I cant believe I wasted my time reading all the posts in this thread!!!!!

Old 01-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well,
This maybe just a little off topic, but..... I took an ATV saftey class this weekend so I could ride in the National forests. Part of the class had us riding around those orange traffic cones. I noticed as I was following a Grizzly that when he made a sharp left turn, his left rear wheel would come off of the ground. Is this typical of IRS machines? Mine did not do this. I'm not bashing, just an obsevation I made.

Dave

Old 01-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

DRG

You posted this thread, since you started this (what has turned into a debate), you have not once responded to either case. Just what are your exspectations, any and all quads will go just as far the other. In Rincons experiences or should I say lack of, what experiences can he offer with here say and it looks really good going to help you. I ride with fellows that have every machine there is and we have a blast together. We rib each other and thank goodness there are different styles of quads and people to ride them other wise there would be no fun.

Rincon You have made your point, for you the Rincon is the machine to beat all machines. Why do you persist in trying to conform Kawi owners on the later, you may as well take your head and beat it very hard against a brick wall because that is as far as you are going to get.

DRG if you were closer I would invite you to join our group for a ride and my buds would gladly let you ride their machines as well as my one friend with his Rincon. I would even let you take my modified Green Machine for ride, it doesn't matter what you have or how you get there just as long as you have fun along the way!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: rincon or prairie 650?