Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

nyroc's exhaust mod?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nyroc's exhaust mod?

For thoes of you who changed or moded your exhaust did it make a differance? Will nyrocs exhaust mod do just as good as a aftermarket exhaust? Pleas let me know.

Old 01-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

Yeah! I would like to know that too.

Old 01-25-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Also is Nycros exhaust mod luoder than stock i want my prairie to break windows

Old 01-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

People tell me that with bigger holes drilled, the performance is like an aftermarket exhaust, and it is quite loud. That is kinda hard to say, since most people that change their exhaust don't modify the stock one then compare it to aftermarket.

If money is not an issue, a real good Penland series might be a better idea.

With 6 3/8" holes, I got a modest power increase, and no louder than a stock prarie 400 or grizz 660 (I ride with them a lot, we did a sound comparison).

The sound tone is great. You will like it a lot. It is deep and growly, not poppy like the one bangers.

I don't like loud quads, and think that some loud machines are hurting us all by waking up sleeping old folks who complain, lobby, and possibly get trails closed and laws enacted. However, if you don't ride where anyone cares about noise, try drilling 7 5/8" holes, or removing all the baffles entirely.

This isn't USFS approved either. I advise against drilling any holes down the center (therefor only 6 holes), since that would be too easy for a ranger to poke a wire down the center and give you a citation.

I may eventually go dual exhaust.

Old 01-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

I did the exhaust mod and love it. I drilled seven 3/8 holes and made a new tip with a 2 1/4 outlet. Then I extended the muffler 3" with stainless to meke the tone a bit deeper. It is not very loud, about like my bud's Grizz, but sounds like my old ford 400M. With a K&N, snorkle(rad. hose) and rejetting, I noticed a difference, esp. on bottom. Before the P would wheelie sometimes and sometimes not. It had just the slightest hesitation off idle. But with the mods it will wheelie big even with a winch and a full front rack.

Old 01-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc when you moded the exuast you had to cut of the front of the muffler then weld it back on correct.
would apreciat some feedback as i am thinking of doing this to my 650

Old 01-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I cut off the end, right on the original weld. I was able to do it all without removing the muffler.

My weld didn't look as good because I don't weld upside down as well, but it isn't overly obvious.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

I too use Nyroc's muffler mod with 12 1/2 in holes along the periphery with a 1/1/2 in hole for the centre of the cap this has given me a %9 hp gain along with other intake modds to a total of %15 hp gain. Making the Kawi breath is the biggest advantage you will have and with Nyrocs muffler mod the cheaper route. I have also used a FMF muffler although comparable does not have the sound characteristics of the muffler modded one. Just my penny and a half.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

uh, sorry to correct you alltoys, but that is a nickle for us south of the border!!LOL

Old 01-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

I was pleased with the nyroc mod. I noticed a slight boost in power. The sound is mellow, bordering on loud,but could be offensive if you had to follow the bike closely all day! CHEAP thrills!

Quick Reply: nyroc's exhaust mod?