Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Surgery a Success!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surgery a Success!!!

Well I'm happy to report that the Snorkel instalation went well. No cuts that require bandages. No screws dropped down the carbs. No stripped bolts. Minimal cussing (stupid vacuum lines). All in all it was a success.

I ordered the Snorkel Sunday and it got here today. It took about a half hour for me to install which means that a normal person could do it in about half that. I took a look at the paint job, someone had a post recently that there's was not finished well. Mine was great, no missed spots, fairly even paint job.

I have to admit that my first reaction was something like, "Holy cow I just spent $50 on 4" of exhaust tubing!!!!!!!!! I'd do it again though. My Prairie is peppier though I still can't pull a wheelie (I'm at 4000').

I did have to adjust my idle down quite a bit. Has anyone else had to do that?

I also ordered the black spring at the same time so hopefully that will get here soon and get the front end up on the ol' Kawi.

One thing I noticed is that the inside of my CVT boot air-intake thing is pretty dirty. I sure would like a filter for it.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

i congrats you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Chainman, be glad you got it for $50. By the time it gets to us here in Canuckland, it costs around $100. That's why I built my own. I'm not spending $100 on 6" of exhaust tubing!! I made mine out of 2" ABS. Will install it when the weather gets nicer so I don't freeze off my digits. Alltoys is gonna help me tweak out my 650 so it should be a bullet by the time he's done!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Chainman
The trick to getting some air is practice. Alltoys bike wont wheelie because it breaks traction, that is the big problem, too much power not enough traction. Try on a good dry grassy area, low range ,2 wd. run bike up to about 6 kph, damn dont knew what that is in mph. probably about 4 mph. let of the gas, causing the clutch to gear down. the moment it gears down hit the gas. This will work with practice in low and in high. use caution , dont go over backwards