Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Consensus on Dial-a-Jet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consensus on Dial-a-Jet?

I finally recieved my Dial-a-Jet from RM ATV and am ready to have my mechanic install it. I simply don't trust myself with all the jetting issues when I can harm my motor if I screw something up. This is the precise reason why I'm installing it, so I don't have to re-jet (have my mechanic re-jet) when I modify, change altitude etc. I am running the dynojets 132-136 combo and it's a little on the rich side. I figure I will have to drop three whole jet sizes. I already got some feedback from alltoys (thanks) on the install. I'm thinking I will drill holes in the bottom of the airbox for the snorkels and maybe silicone some of the fittings to waterproof it? The one part of the install I don't like is the hole drilling needed for the carburetor. If I don't like the kit and want to take it iff I'll still have a hole in my carb. I really want help making up my mind, do these things work as advertised? Any tips on jetting (with dynojet) and installation? I ride from sealevel to 6500 feet.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Alex;

Although I'm not using my dial-a-jet like you want to, to adjust for altitude, I have read a number of posts on the web and on this forum about them, all good. Go to google and search, there is lots of information about them, mostly snowmobiles and cycles. Call Thunder products and talk to Lorn, he is the owner of the company that makes them, tell him that you don't want to drill and tap new threads, and see what the options are. I would suggest taking the smallest insert that comes with the kit, go to the hardware store and find two plugs with the same threads, before you drill and tap. If you don't like the kit, put the plugs in and send it back. I think you'll like it, it works good for me, even if it is a different application.

Again talk to Lorn, he is a nice guy and very helpful. His number is 320-597-2700

dirt wheels

again

Old 02-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Thumpin

This is a good product, afraid to get your feet wet. They say you don't do you don't learn sounds simple just break it down to its simpler terms. You have 2 options on where to put the jets, in the carb body which is better only because of harmonics, next is to use the long tube in your kit this is for cutting a hole in the rubber above the carb that fits on top of the carb. This tube makes a snug fit for the jet to fit into although to adjust your jets you have to pull the airbox off to do so. If you are not sure where to mount the jets then your mechanic is the next best step. Mind you if you do put it in the wrong spot there is always that J bond stuff to seal the hole. One more thing make sure you don't mount your jet snorkles to the interior of the airbox. Fuel will be pulled up the snorkle inlet away from the jet on hard excellerations. Put the snorkle vents/filters up away close to your handle bars in clean air movement. Don't be afraid to call me I can give you my number and I can talk you through it, piece of cake.